In March 2010 I started my "online scrapbook" where I uploaded all of our family photos and started journaling about the babies' lives. Some of you may remember- thecredlefamily@myphotoalbum.com. I liked this site because I could quickly upload my pictures and videos, write a short summary of the events, and friends/family could download photos to print for themselves if they chose. It was great! Sadly, shortly after Easter last year, I received notification from the company that they were "closing" their site. Closing! How could they?!
After basking in months of denial, I decided in November to start a blog. But, the babies were born in Feb. 2010! What to do?? In order for this to be a true record of their lives (and a keepsake for them one day), I figure the easist thing to do is add one update each month for a year from the previous year. I did manage to copy all of my updates from myphotoalbum site, so I will cut/paste the month's description and then just add some of the photo highlights (and perhaps a comment or two as well).
Here's November 2010:
Daniel and Anabella are 9 months old!
I know this is supposed to be about the babies, but this is such a precious photo. Solomon and Shilee sunning in their favorite room in our new house. Plus, their birthday is in November- November 23rd. They turned 3 years old in 2010.
Daniel and Anabella learned to crawl in November. Daniel started crawling mid-month and Anabella joined in the fun at the very end of the month. Daniel’s crawl is more of a scoot- move the arms forward and pull the body along- an army crawl. Anabella’s crawl is very deliberate- moving along on her hands/knees and stopping every few feet or so to sit and look around. Once he learned to get around, it didn’t take long for Daniel to grow tired of the family room. After only a few days of unsuccessful attempts, he made it over the step from the family room into the kitchen. The first time he mastered it caught Mommy off guard as she had left the room only to return and find that he not only climbed over the step, but he made it half way across the kitchen to discover the dogs’ water bowl!! Since then, we’ve tried moving the water bowl and have now taken to removing it all together when there are babies on the move.
Also this month- after trying a few churches, we are happy to say we have finally found a new church home- Manassas Assembly of God. Only 15 minutes or so from our house, and we haven’t been called into the nursery for an unhappy baby even once- seems Daniel and Anabella like it there too! (This was from my original posting, but we've since switched churches- Grace LIfe Community Church in Bristow- even closer to our house- and the babies like it there too! One of the cool things about this blog that I couldn't do with my other site- links!
We had our first playdate at our house this month. Mommy’s cousin, Lindsay, came over with her little boy, Caleb, and her friend Natalie and son, Max, 6 months old. We had great fun and can’t wait to do it again!
| Sara and Beth at our "Fancy Nancy" lunch in honor of Sara's birthday. |
For Thanksgiving we visited the Credles, but unfortunately we didn't get to stay long because both babies had fevers.
Here's Cliff with one of his former teachers, Mr. Nelson, also a good friend of his Dads, and what do you know- a fellow Steeler fan! He came over with his wife to meet the babies and brought them Steeler helmets!
Solomon growls, "My Daddy," Anabella thinks, "My Daddy,"
and little Shilee whimpers, "my daddy!"
Here are some more fun pictures from November:
Daniel: Aha, a bag!!
Anabella: Look, Mommy, I can crawl too!
Anabella: But I can't quite make it over this step just yet.
Daniel: haha, I can!
Daniel: Look at me, I can almost pull up on stuff!
Anabella: Not quite sure I want to try to pull up just yet.
Daniel: Wasn't me!
No comments:
Post a Comment