The last weekend in October the Credles (minus Solomon and Shilee who took a vacation with the Schuttes at their house in Centreville) headed to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Stephanie (Cliff's cousin) was getting married there at the Glass Chapel in Wanchese. Daniel and Anabella were the honorary ring bearer and flower girl. We left our house on Thursday night and spent the night with the Credles before leaving for North Carolina on Friday.
The two and half hour trip from the Credles to OBX was a good one, and we arrived at our hotel, the Elizabethean Inn, just in time to get unpacked and dressed for the rehearsal dinner. Though we have gone on many overnight stays with the twins since they've been born, this was our first stay at a hotel. Anabella and Daniel had a blast checking out the hotel's phone, microwave, bed, and anything and everything else that looked interesting. We took toys, but we didn't need them the first night as they had plenty to explore without them. They thought it was cool that they could go back and forth from our room to Grandma and Grandpa's room. We chose the hotel for the indoor pool, not knowing what kind of weather we might have in October, but turns out we kept so busy we never made it to the pool.
Clifton and LaRue have friends who have retired to the Outer Banks, so we visited them on Saturday morning. Then, we had lunch with Nona and Newt, other family members who hadn't met the twins yet. By then the babies were ready for their nap, and after that it was time for us to head out to the wedding. Anabella and Daniel stayed at the hotel with a very sweet babysitter, Mrs. Cap, who we met through the babysitting agency that Stephanie's wedding planner had recommended. Of course, we were scared to death to leave them, but once we met Mrs. Cap our fears subsided. If she can handle 20 kindegarten children every day for 7.5 hours, she can handle Anabella and Daniel for five. Five hours with Daniel and Anabella in a hotel room- can you imagine? According to her, they were angels. They cried a little when we first left but stopped pretty quickly thereafter. They had mac-n-cheese, crackers and applesauce for dinner (options are limited when you're in a hotel room). When we returned from the wedding, our sweet babies were snug in their pack-n-plays as if they spend the night with strangers in hotels every night. Though I don't have many pictures from the weekend, besides a few very blurry ones from the rehearsal dinner, I am hoping to add more later so be sure to check back soon.
I like the way Anabella is posing with her hand on her shoe in this picture.
Below are some additonal photos taken by the Credles.







Oh my! I was fighting back happy tears as I began this, thinking I'd skim through it and head to bed. But I was hooked after the first scroll down and read every word tonight and am ready for some more--I think Stacey should log in every day! What a treat this will be for all who love the Credle 6 and for the twins when they grow up! I am so happy for your dear family and so lucky to be a part of your lives! Thanks for sharing! And for the laughs and tears! Forget tutoring, you should be a professional blogger! xo
ReplyDelete