They each found about 5 eggs and were excited to find they were filled with prizes! They had crayons, erasers, mini notepads, stickers, and balls attached to string which they called yo yos. The only candy they had were tootsie rolls (I'm guessing whoever put these in the eggs must not have children of their own under 3 years). And, of course, of all the prizes, what did they want first....the tootsie rolls! I bit off small pieces for them and they managed to do quite well!
It was funny to watch them eat their first tootsie rolls!
Anabella was really intrigued by the ball on the string, while Daniel just couldn't understand why that candy was still in his mouth!
Anabella, a girl at heart, settled onto Mommy's lap to try out her new crayons!
Daniel, all boy, took off running around the tennis court, complete with his tootsie chin!
Anabella soon realized running might be more fun, so she quickly jumped up and joined her brother.
Daniel was handsome as always (I know I'm not biased), though this was not the outfit I had picked out originally. Daddy vetoed the yellow polo shirt, khakis and pale blue sweater I had picked for Daniel to wear- he said it was an Easter egg hunt, not church on Easter Sunday! Though I hate to admit it, I like this outfit better- good thing Daniel has a Daddy with a voice of reason! And, good thing Anabella really DOES like dressing up!! She was, by far, the best dressed toddler on the tennis court in her Lilly Pulitzer dress and lace leggings (along with that adorable reversible watermelon hat and white Gymboree sweater, which was all purchased at a consignment sale I participated in last week- more on that in a later post!!).
By the time they tired of running around the court, the older kids had found their eggs and we all returned to eat more sugar on the lawn.
I
I carried their Easter baskets on the way, but they insisted on holding them on the way home. We had a great time at the Easter egg hunt and look forward to more fun community activities!
No comments:
Post a Comment