Mommy (to Daddy): Ask Daniel where he went today.
Daddy: Daniel, where did you go today?
Daniel: MOPS!
On Thursday, April 19th we went to a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting at Manassas Baptist Church. A friend from our church, Grace Life Community Church, invited me. I had heard of MOPS before, but hadn't gotten involved because we didn't have a group at our church. Turns out, MOPS mission is "making better moms" and they don't care where you go to church (or IF you go to church, though I have to think most of the moms do). If you're a Mom, then you are welcome!
And we did feel welcome! It was good to meet some other toddler moms, and we had fun swapping stories and sharing laughs! The meeting was two hours- 9:30-11:30 a.m.. We started with a fabulous brunch; and following brunch, we listened to a speaker from Care Net Pregnancy in Manassas. Then, we made fleece blankets and assembled 10 gift bags for the women who complete the 9 month program at Care Net.
It was a fun morning of fellowship. I made some new friends, had the best breakfast I've had in months (everything is better when you don't have to cook it, clean up after it, eat it while standing, or share it with two-year olds), and learned how to make a fleece baby blanket!
Turns out, Anabella and Daniel had fun too!
Here is what they made:
I don't know exactly what they did during their 2 hours, but I suspect they did something with chairs.
This is what they did to their chairs as soon as we got home. They chatted away as if they knew exactly what they were doing (and I suppose they did), but it didn't make a bit of sense to me. It was funny to watch, though. Almost as funny as hearing Daniel say "MOPS" when Chip asked him where he went today. Almost, but not quite. (You had to be there.)
It's the little things we want to remember. This was one of them.
Looking forward to going back to MOPS this Thursday. The meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of each month; they follow the school calendar, so sadly, we only have 2 more meetings before summer break. But, then there's next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment