| Daniel's shirt |
| Anabella's shirt |
While we'd gotten an email from the school's director informing us about the program and asking that we bring in long sleeve white shirts for them to decorate, I didn't know exactly what to expect from the program. They seemed excited about it, so we were anxious to see what it would be like.
The program started at 11 am, and I had planned to make pretzel kisses (a pretzel topped with a Hershey kiss then topped with a M&M) to take as the "sweet treat" I signed up for that week at school. Since I've made them before (with Ryan and Hayden, I think), I was confident I could get up Saturday morning, run to the grocery store and then come home and make them really quick (and Anabella and Daniel could help). I was home from the grocery store by 9:30 and started the kisses right away, only I didn't think I needed directions since I knew how to make them (it's not rocket science), only (apparently it does take more science than I knew that morning) I baked them too long and the kisses hardened and we couldn't get the M&M to stick on top. Ugh.
Instead, we took store bought cookies to go along with the fifty or so other varieties of store bought cookies that lined the tables. If I had known that the program was that well attended, I wouldn't have felt bad at all about going empty handed. Turns out, we didn't stay for refreshments anyway; we went to Chick-fil-a instead.
Anyway, even with the cookie mishap, we managed to get a few pictures before leaving the house.
We probably should have skipped the pictures at home since we didn't know exactly where the church was located, and turns out, it was farther than we expected. We arrived at 11am sharp and did not get a seat inside the auditorium. At first, we didn't even think we'd get a parking spot! In fact, when we pulled in, Chip said, "All these people can't possibly be here from Daytime Playtime." The lot was full (of vans and SUVs)- toddler parent vehicles- yep, they were all here for the preschool program!
It was organized chaos inside. We didn't get a seat, but shortly after arriving, Ms. Adriana (the program's director- a.k.a. Anabella's best friend- she is obsessed with this lady- she is a very charismatic lady and pretty "cool" so Anabella does have good taste; she talks about her ALL the time). But, anyway, Ms. Adriana directed all the children (3s,4s,5s) backstage with their teachers. Then, she directed the 2s up on stage.
Chip and I, with Anabella and Daniel in tow, made our way for the stage, not sure exactly what to expect. Daniel bypassed the parents (and kids) in front of us, and before we knew it, was marching up on stage! His teacher took hold of his hand and led him right up the stairs. Anabella went right behind him.
We found seats and enjoyed watching our two 2s perform Jingle Bells in front of an auditorium of 150-200 people!
They did great.
| Their teacher, Ms. Belinda, is the blond in the red top standing behind them. Anabella's best friend is the dark haired lady in the sleeveless top. |
| They are all looking at the bells as if they haven't seen them before, but I know they practiced at school! |
I've heard Jingle Bells a million times, but it has never sounded so sweet!
The 2s sat on stage for the rest of the program, while the 3s, 4s, and 5s performed and then joined them on stage. At the end, they all performed "Feliz Navidad". Daytime Playtime is a non-religious school, so all the songs were holiday tunes. They have a Spanish Immersion program, so Feliz Navidad was an appropriate finale.
I love that they love Daytime Playtime, and I loved their sweet lil' holiday program, even though it was "holiday" in nature. I do want them to learn the true meaning of Christmas, as I know they are, both at home and church.
I also want them to be tolerant and understanding, as well. They brought home a picture of a Menorah from school on Friday; I'm expecting to see the manger scene come home next week. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment