Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ho Ho

Santa is "Ho Ho" to Anabella and Daniel. I think it was Granny who started them on this last year (Santa was harder for them to say), and it seems to have stuck.  No matter how many times we say "Santa," they still refer to the jolly ol' man in the red suit as Ho Ho. Kinda like how they can say Granny, but they still prefer to call her Gee.

On Wednesday night, we made our traditional visit to Fair Oaks mall to see Ho Ho.  I suggested some other opportunities for Santa pictures (some free ones), but turns out Daddy is a bit of a Ho Ho snob and insisted that we visit the Fair Oaks Ho Ho as we've done for the past two years.



Fair Oaks mall does have a nice set up with the ice dome, and there is something sentimental about having a traditional place to go.  So, as much as I like my freebies, I was in agreement with Daddy on this one.

But, despite our efforts, it just didn't work out this year.

We called ahead and found out that Santa took a break from 6:30-7:15 to feed his reindeer.  So, we arrived at 5pm knowing we'd have to wait a while, even though it was a Wednesday night.  We had to stop at Chick-fil-a first for a bathroom break.  sidenote: Daniel and Anabella are both fully potty trained- hurray- and while I love that I no longer have to change diapers (except overnight), having 2 two year olds who are new potty-i-ers means that we spend A LOT of time in the potty, especially when we are out in public. They especially like the Chick-fil-a potty at Fair Oaks because it flushes really loudly- it really does- it is funny- they laugh and laugh (and flush and flush).  Anyway, by the time we took care of business. it was 5:30.

At 5:30, the elf monitoring the line told us she could not guarantee we would see Ho Ho before his 6:30 break. But, if we wanted to wait, we would be fifth in line when he returned at 7:15.

After considering this for about two seconds, we decided to go to Manassas Mall (and I had a coupon!).
 
Anabella and Daniel were VERY excited to see Ho Ho, so I was expecting tears.

Nope. In fact, Daniel was thrilled to hear we were going to Manassas Mall instead. The first thing he said, "I go Ihop!"

On the way there, I asked them if they wanted to eat at Chick-fil-a or Ihop after we visited Santa. Daniel said Ihop. Anabella said Chick-fil-a. Why did I ask?! Oops.  Double oops because Ihop is at Manassas Mall, not Fair Oaks. Daniel was okay with this, but as soon as he found out we were going to Manassas, he was all about eating at Ihop!

Half hour later- at Ihop:






The Santa line at Manassas was nearly as long, and while they don't have elves and an ice dome with falling snow, they do have a play place (cringe, germs too close to Christmas, cringe).  I waited in line while Daddy took Anabella and Daniel to the play place. (until they had to potty- of course, they had to potty- and then I took them to Penneys while Daddy stood in line)


Santa, are you in there?!
I'm waiting to see youuuuuuuuu!


I'm glad Daddy had the camera, so I got to be in some pictures with my sweeties!




While they were excited to be at the mall and seemed keen on the idea of seeing Ho Ho, we weren't sure what to expect when it was actually time to climb onto his lap.

Turns out, they were all about it!

Daniel marched right up (in his Dan Credle way) and went right for the lollipop basket! Santa explained that he would get a lollipop AFTER his picture, and he politely put his handful back.  Eager to get that lollipop, he climbed right onto Ho Ho's lap.  Anabella was a little hesitant at first, but since her brother seemed so assured, she followed his lead and hopped up onto Santa's other knee beside her brother.

We planned on purchasing a package, but I'd seen some other people taking pictures with their own camera, so I did too.

At first, Anabella was showing too much leg.

That's better.

 
I love this year's Ho Ho picture!
Cheesy grins and all!

As we were choosing our package, Daniel turned back and said, "I want airplane like Hagan's!"

He was so busy smiling for pictures (and thinking of that lollipop), he forgot to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas!





2 comments:

  1. I love this post! You are such a good writer and have so much voice. Maybe you should write a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Thanks for the compliment. :) I enjoy blogging and hope the kids enjoy reading about how their crazy mom described their childhood someday! I love reading your blog as well- and you, too, are a good writer with lots of voice!

    ReplyDelete