Friday, December 21, 2012

National Christmas Tree

Last Friday, Allie and the boys joined us for a weekend sleepover. They arrived on Friday afternoon, and the cousins threw ball in the garage while Allie and I made dinner. Ryan, Hayden and Daniel threw ball; Anabella was out there a few minutes before coming back inside to get her red chair, which she took outside to "watch."

After dinner, we drove through Bull Run Park's Festival of Lights.  I loved hearing the four little voices:

Look!

There's a reindeer!

Look! Ho Ho!

Candy canes!

Oh, Mommy, look, look!

............................................Sweet voices full of holiday cheer!

On Saturday, Mom and Granny joined us, and the four girls did some more Christmas shopping while Daddy earned more points towards 2012 Daddy (and Uncle) of the Year, while watching all 4 kids! He took them to the mall AND to Chick-fil-a!

Anabella is really into dress up these days.
She showed up Saturday morning in the kitchen in her heels!
Oh my!

What?
Am I overdressed for breakfast?

Hayden was also looking super cute Saturday morning
in his snowman pjs. The pair  dined together. :) 


Saturday night we ventured into D.C. to see the National Christmas tree.  We had to take two vehicles, and since we drove all the way in, it was an adventure! Finding parking was typically difficult but aggravated even more due to the fact that we had to park two vehicles- a van and a Tahoe.  We managed to do just fine, and I learned that my country girl sister is quite adept at parallel parking in the city!

Our first view of the tree

The train that runs around the tree was a big hit with all the kids,
especially Ryan and Hayden, who got to enjoy it a little longer while
they were waiting for us to find parking (along with Mom and Granny, of course).  





I like this shot with the monument in the background.


Daniel was especially intrigued with the monument. He kept pointing to it calling it "the city."  
He created it with his Legos a few days later, beaming: 
"Look, Mommy, the city!"








Ryan and Hayden really enjoyed seeing the White House.



Daniel decided to prop himself up on this fence.
Hayden joined him. 

Two sweet boys



Four Sillies!


While it was an adventure getting there, we all agreed it was a worthwhile trip, and one we will hopefully make again in a few years.  Allie and I remember going to see the tree when we were little. I've been back several times as an adult, practically every year since Chip and I have been married. This was Ryan and Hayden's first trip to the see it, so I think it was a good experience for them and hopefully something they will remember and want to do again.  I know I will! 




No comments:

Post a Comment