Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rewind: Favorite January and February Memories

Besides the birthday, dentist visit and a few rounds of snow dust.....here are some other fun memories from our first few months of 2013! (so much for my pledge this year to do a better job at updating this blog! ha!)

First, here are some pictures I snapped as I was preparing to make our happy new year/thank you shutterfly card....I ended up not using them for the card, but I included them here because they so accurately portray their little personalities.  Dan, the cool cat with his sly grin and Belle, the pleaser with her cheesy one!  







Play-doh is one of our favorite winter pastimes- here they are playing with the sets Allie got them for Christmas.







Valentine's Day fell on a Thursday this year, and their party at school was scheduled for that Friday, the 15th. Due to another round of snow dust, the party was on rescheduled for Monday instead. Monday was also "PJ day," due to it being the day they were learning letter "P". PJs and Valentines- doesn't get much better than that! They each picked their Valentine cards- Anabella picked Disney princess cards and Daniel picked Spiderman cards- both sets had lollipops.  

Here they are in their PJs with their bags of Valentines ready for Daytime Playtime!

Daniel sported his Spiderman PJ set and Belle wore her cupcake  "I'm Sweet" set.


Sergey and Sveta come on Mondays and were happy to pose with
 D and A in their PJs:
 everyone say "Valentine!"






Here's Daniel holding up one of the Valentines he got from school.
They played with these Valentines for weeks afterwards.
In fact, Mom was visiting one day and Anabella gave her a "used"
Valentine that she had colored (it was originally from her friend Lucy).
She laughed that Belle is following too closely in her Mommy's footsteps-
recycling Valentines at the age of 3! ha! :) Good job, Belle!

Anabella liked the Valentine cards with stickers best.
Everything in our house is covered in stickers.
(I'm not exaggerating. I found one stuck inside the dryer the other day.
I find them on clothes, the walls, chairs, toys, books....oh my!)

One night as I was putting dinner on the table, I told Anabella to put
her stuff away-
"I'm decorating the table, " she told me.
Who can argue with that?


Since we didn't get enough snow to sleigh ride outdoors,
we took to sledding indoors instead!


 As much as I love winter (as much as I love spring and summer and fall), I couldn't get out the spring decor soon enough this year! In fact, the evening Anabella was "decorating" the table was probably the day I put away the snowmen and "decorated" for Valentine's Day.  Shortly after that, the last weekend in February, I packed away the "Let it Snow" flag and sent Frosty to the basement.  So, I know you can guess what happened the first week in March?!

1 comment: