Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Dentist

Ugh. Just typing the title gives me butterflies. I do not like going to the dentist. The doctor I can handle, even the OB, but the dentist- ugh.  I'd rather run into the ocean in January, in my swimsuit- yes, the bitter cold ocean, in January, in my swimsuit- (they just did this recently in MD- the Polar Plunge- those people are nuts- it's in honor of a good cause- Special Olympics, but can you imagine??!) I'll do it though- let me cancel my appt. for March 29th, and I promise to jump in the ocean. 

The bitter cold ocean.
In my swimsuit.
In January (next year).
I promise. 

I do not want to pass this aversion (or my bad teeth) on to my children.

Judging from their reactions during their first visit to the dentist, in Late January, I don't think this is going to be a problem! All my positive self talk and books about happy trips to the dentist must have worked!

ha....I cannot take credit for their happy dentist visit- I think it was the fish.

They are enamored with fish!
Seriously enamored with fish!! 

Brave Girl climbed right into the chair!
(They tried to take Daniel first, but he was hesitant, so Anabella
took the lead.)

After his sister modeled, "Dan the Man" (as Anabella has been calling him lately)
wanted to try it out himself! A chair that moves- cool....push me back, too!
I LOVED that they could both be in chairs at the same time!!


Do they look too happy to be at the dentist, or what?!
Here, the hygienist is explaining and demonstrating how each individual tool works.
Both hygienists were very good at explaining exactly what they were going to do-
even had a kid-friendly name for each tool.

Are they singing? Seriously?
Do you think they accept adults at this practice?
 
 
Even when it was time to get down to business, they both opened wide
and did great! One of the hygienists even commented, "Are you sure
 you're not going on 4 instead of 3?"

This is the way we brush our teeth....brush our teeth....

brush our teeth....this is the way we brush our teeth....
twice every day!
Now for the Dr. Talaski's inspection....

Lookin' good....

Hurray- no cavities!



 



Look, Mommy, a sticker!

A balloon and a gift bag!
From the dentist!
I'm switching dentists.  Forget the Polar Plunge.

 
Centreville Children's Dentistry- no kidding, these people are seriously GOOD at what they do! The hygienists, the dentist, the office staff, the fish.  I cannot take credit, but they can! :)
 
 
Hurray for more happy trips to the dentist! (please)
P.S. This is not a paid endorsement- though I bet they'd be happy to see it. :)

1 comment: