Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Break- Busch Gardens- First Trip(s) of the Season!

Last summer, Anabella and Daniel had a blast at Busch Gardens! For Christmas, MaMa and PaPa got our family season passes, and since they were open the week before and after Easter for Spring Break-ers like us, we decided to make our first trip of the season an early one!

First stop- a favorite from last season- the Sesame Street Forest of Fun

 The weather was chilly, but we piled on the winter gear and didn't let it stop our fun!


Just like last year, our first ride was Bert & Ernie's Loch Adventure.

This year, they rode alone!
They didn't even want to ride together- I couldn't believe it!



Hi, everyone!

I remember seeing this roller coaster last year and thinking we had a few years before
we'd be doing that one.


Think again!
There's Dan and Daddy....smiling as if they ride roller coasters every day!
Dan got off the ride requesting to go again!
The picture above was made (by the camera at the bottom of the first "big" hill) on their second ride. 

Anabella and Mommy look a little more like they're on a roller coaster!
Anabella didn't cry, but she didn't want to ride again like her brother.
Our picture was made on our first ride.
I'm not one to ordinarily purchase souvenirs (even pictures) but pictures of their first ride on a roller coaster are too hard to pass up! Especially given Daniel's priceless grin!

As if the roller coaster wasn't enough!
These thrill seekers took a ride up Prince Elmo's Spire!



Oscar's Whirly Worms was another first for us.
This time it was Mommy's turn!
Anabella didn't like it much; Daniel wanted to go again! Again!
Are you sensing a pattern here?



The Sesame Street Live show was similar to last year's, though there
was more room to move around this time. The park was busier
than I thought it would be for such a chilly day. But, there weren't too many
people "sitting" to watch this outdoor show. Did I mention it was cold?!
 
It didn't bother these two! 

Hello up there!
Anybody, see me?!
(do you see the little girl in front of the stage waving her hand off?!) 
For the only time in my life, I was actually thinking how nice it must be
to be in one of those costumes! While I packed plenty of clothes (and winter coats)
for my lil' ones, I forgot a coat for myself!
Brrrrr
Oscar's Yucky Forest is a fun place for exploration and climbing.








My camera battery died, so these next few pictures are from our phones.
D and A were the only two kids on the balloons!
Many of the rides had only a few kids.
Made it nice because you could stay on if you wanted and ride again!

This was fun- can't remember the name- the gliders, I think?
Look at that brave boy- riding on his belly!
Hold on, Daniel!
When I helped him off, he said he was Batman!
Hold on, Batman!
(oh my. Did I mention I was a nervous wreck watching him ride on his belly like that?!) 

Anabella wanted to sit instead.
And, she wanted me to ride along with her.
Fine by me.
I can hardly handle one Batman, much less two!

The Credles were still in Florida, but we stayed at their house anyway.  Since we drove all the way there, we figured we might as well make the most of it and do the park the next day, too. The first day we didn't get there until 2pm or so, and we stayed until about 6pm (the sun wasn't out much, but boy, when it went down, it went from chilly to downright brisk!).

The next day we hit the outlets in the morning and arrived again in the afternoon (it was a little warmer). We didn't take as many pictures, but here's a few:

Daniel loves this!
Anabella and I rode a few rides while the thrill seekers explored this tree house and
walked across this bridge.

Hey, where's all the water?!
We'd warned them ahead of time that the water activities were closed.
They still had fun skipping these rocks!


They had the best time running around this empty stage!
Future B.G. performers, maybe?!
That's it for our first trip to "Busch" (as Daniel calls it) of the season-it's amazing how far they've come in a year! Looking forward to lots more fun there this summer!

1 comment:

  1. We definitely want to go this year! Let's set a date soon!

    ReplyDelete