Monday, August 11, 2014

Chuck-E-Cheese

Like I said before, I have no idea how we've avoided Chuck-E-Cheese's for four years.  But, one thing is for sure, we probably won't anymore. Ever since we went for the first time a few months ago on a play date with my friend and former roommate Julie and her children, the kids have been asking to go back.  "We can go to the one by Home Depot," Daniel will say. It cracks me up that he even knows there's a Chuck-E-Cheese in that shopping center. That's our Dan Credle, Mr. Observant.

For the first time in a while, last weekend we didn't really have any weekend plans so we decided to surprise the kids with a Saturday morning outing to Chuck-E-Cheese. The one beside Home Depot, of course.


It was Daddy's first time there.
I think he liked it, what do you think?








I used to love ski ball. Okay, still do.
Played it many a time at the arcade over at Apple Blossom Mall in Winchester.


In my head I had perceived Chuck-E-Cheese as yucky- crowded and filled with germs.  But, really it's not at all. It's actually a great little place for kids. Safe. Fun. Germ free. (heehee). They love carrying their little cup of tokens. And, since every game is one token, it makes it easy for them to insert the tokens themselves, which they love, of course.

You see Chuck E. Cheese's is not so bad after all. In fact, the pizza, I must say, is darn right good. Cheesy. Yum.  And, there's sanitizer right by the drink machine. Convenient.

And the tickets, they love getting tickets. But, even more than getting the tickets, they really love putting them in the ticket counter. Then, they redeem their ticket receipt for a few items from the red box (a few pieces of candy and stickers) and they're good to go.







They liked holding the tokens and collecting tickets (and counting them) as much, if not more, than the rides and games themselves.

They both loved this jumping game.

I thought this ride was a bit babyish, but they both liked it and rode it several times. 
A mini ferris wheel (sorta). 





Dan was so good at this game. 
Ticket Central! 
Go, Dan!


Here we are in the toddler area riding the mini tea cup. 
Making up for all those lost years when I wouldn't let them go to Chuck E Cheese. 

Chuck was walking around with a sign that said "want tickets, follow me!"
Dan followed him for a while but lost interest once they arrived near the prize station. Anabella never joined in at all; she's not too fond of this oversized mouse. 



There was a birthday party going on while we were there, and it wasn't nearly as hectic as I thought it would be. Might be a consideration come February.... two big 5 year olds....I can't even think about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment