Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Late July


The last weekend in July we returned to Water Country and Virginia Beach.

I didn't get a lot of pictures, but I did get them both coming down the slide at Cow-a-Bunga by themselves this time!! 



Look at that big boy even knowing what to do with his raft.

I wasn't surprised when Dan said he wanted to ride alone (after seeing the boy in front of him do it); but I was pretty surprised (ok, shocked) when this little girl said she wanted to do it, too.  

Even after Daniel  had enough and went to play in another part of Cow-a-Bungo (captaining the boat, one of his favorite things to do), she kept going down. One of us would walk her up (it's too hard for little ones to carry those rafts up), but she just kept wanting to do it.  Finally, after about 6 rides, we had to cut her off. After just "one more" of course. 




We hit Water Country Friday afternoon, then went to Virginia Beach for the day on Saturday.  The waves weren't as fierce this trip, so we actually got to play in the ocean some.





The ocean was okay, but nothing compares to the sand for these kiddos. 


Writing her name
















Dan wanted to try out Daddy's boogie board.








Surfin' Dan

Next, Anabella gave it a shot.


She didn't like it quite as much as Dan did.


After playing in the water, we took a (very short) walk on the beach to collect shells.
It was very short because when you're looking for shells with 4 year olds, you don't get very far.
It was fun though. 









Anabella preferred "jumping" the waves to the boogie boarding Dan liked.




Later that evening, Chip & I enjoyed a nice dinner out at Second Street, while Dan and Belle had their first taste of Thai at Port Warwick's Thai restaurant with MaMa and PaPa. It was a perfect evening to eat outside, and like their parents, they both like Thai food! 


A few days after returning home, Chip and I celebrated 9 years of marriage! We toasted on the lawn at Jiffy Lube Live at the James Taylor concert.


Always a pretty sunset from the lawn at Jiffy Lube.
Also in Late July, Aunt Cindy visited us and spent the night. Here we are Cracker Barrel in Front Royal where we had lunch before visiting Granny's house where we enjoyed some cousin time with Lindsay, Caleb, Reid and Hadley. Then, later that afternoon we got together with more cousins when we met Jessica and her daughter Callie, and my other two cousins on dad's side, Liza & Henry at Fantasyland Park.  I missed Jessica's bridal shower, so I wanted to give her her gift; plus, it was nice to say hello and watch the kids have fun at the park. 
Shew, July was filled with fun! And, I know I've overused it a hundred times, but seriously, where DID the month go?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment