Saturday, October 4, 2014

September: Two Weddings

In September, we attended two beautiful outdoor weddings, the first being my cousin Jessica's.

Jessica & Calixto
I wish I had gotten another picture of Jessica, she was such a beautiful bride! 


Dan attended Jessica's wedding with us, while Anabella wanted to claim Granny's undivided attention (and that of her sister Marie who came in for the family reunion the next day). So while Daniel entertained us with his excitement over the wedding favors (candy- as if that boy needs any sugar), while apparently Anabella entertained Granny and her sisters trying to teach how Granny how to say no. Yes, Anabella told them that Mommy said Granny doesn't know how to say no- be careful what you say in front of little listening ears! 



My Uncle Donald was Best Man, while Jessica's sister, my cousin Liza, was maid of honor. I loved the "pretty in pink" theme. 

My cousin Henry was an infant at our wedding  almost  10 years ago- look at him now as he helps out the magician, who provided us some fun entertainment during the reception with lots of audience participation.

Leave it to Dad and Hayden to get in on the participation! 
The second wedding we attended was for my cousin on Mom's side, Lindsay's sister, Courtney.

This was a bittersweet wedding to say the least, and I know there was a lot of anxiety leading up to it, but boy, did they ever pull it off without a hitch. No pun intended, check out their save the date:



Loved it.
The very coolest wedding theme.
And fun!

It was a country wedding, so you can imagine my excitement over finding this steal- $2 snakeskin cowboy boots for Daniel- at a yard sale earlier that morning! While they were Dan's size, I was afraid he wouldn't wear them because they might run small given the pointy toe, but they fit great and he loved them. He was so cute in his jeans, black shirt with a gray vest that went to one of his 3 piece suits and black cowboy boots and hat. He shed the cowboy hat about as quickly as he did the vest, but with the boots and that little grin of his, hey, he still looked the part.  

After a busy morning of  yard sale-ing and tutoring, I decided at the last minute I needed a haircut too, so by the time, we were running late (what is it with us and being on time to weddings?!) so I put on my make up in the car on the way there. Anabella asked if she could have some lipstick, so without much thought, I passed it to her, thinking she'd dab a little here and there. The way she does with chapstick. Only I wasn't thinking, and this wasn't chapstick! Meanwhile Chip and I were chatting away in front, and the next thing I knew Daniel says, "Mommy, Belle is putting on A LOT of lipstick." Boy, did she ever!  

Handsome-est cowboy I ever did see!
I was happy to see that Granny got to walk with Mrs. Hockman (Sharon's mom); I know it made her feel more comfortable as they are good friends. Mr. Hockman is following behind them. They are the nicest couple. 


Anabella wanted to sit with Erika. I love this picture; I think it looks like the cover of a 4th of July advertisement that should be on a magazine or something. I know I'm not at all biased. Anabella's outfit was another yard sale steal! It was a red, white and blue dance costume with a frilly bottom. It had a white hat, which we carried but couldn't get her to wear. She's not a hat girl. Dan didn't wear his long either, but Hayden did. I wish I had asked someone to take a family picture of us that day.

Daniel and Hayden were busy making sure everyone had water and programs (the programs were fans- too cute!), so they weren't still long enough for me to get their picture. 

Hadley walked with Aunt Sharon (so cute!), but I couldn't get my phone ready in time; I did get Lindsay, Caleb and Reid though.
That's it for my pictures, but here are a few I borrowed from Lindsay's blog.

The wedding was in Bentonville on a family farm that they bought from Sharon's parents a while back, and the reception was out at my Uncle Greg's farm, Meadowbrook. Both beautiful settings.

Courtney was a gorgeous bride.
I loved her antique-y (do you love my made up words) lace dress.

Courtney chose Uncle Jr. and Uncle Greg to walk her down the aisle. I think that's what her father would have wanted too, and you can tell by their faces they were happy to oblige. 




Doesn't get any prettier than that. 


Hadley Jayne was beautiful as always. 

Have I mentioned how much I loved her theme?
I wish I had gotten a picture of the whiskey sour she served in canning jars at the reception- all the little details that go into wedding planning! 



 
Courtney and Brandon took a cross country road trip for their honeymoon. I got them the book I took on my trip years ago, Road Trip USA, along with some "provisions" for the trip (a.k.a. Hot Tamales and Blow Pops)!

Best wishes to the two happy couples!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this post may be Anabella's lipstick. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete