Thursday, August 6, 2015

Mini July Vacation

The third week in July, I went on a little getaway for a few days with Mom, Dad, Granny, Allie and her family to Atlantic City. The Credles came and stayed at our house and watched the kids while Chip worked during the day. He got a principalship this summer doing ESY at his base school, so he had to work the month of July, which would ordinarily be his month off. Fortunately though, he's home most days by 2pm at the latest, so we still get some good family time, but sadly, it keeps us from spending the night anywhere.

On Sunday, they picked me up and we had a quick drive to Ocean City, NJ where I joined Allie and her family for a beach day while Dad, Mom and Granny got checked in at the hotel. It was SO hot that day. You almost had to be in the water for it to be tolerable. There was a heat index warning. It was really crowded, and they only had a small area roped off where you were allowed to get in. I was content as I had my book; and well, that's all I really need to be content on vacation. The kids were a bit restless though, as you could hardly move in the ocean, so we didn't stay long. We stayed a few hours, then stopped at this pizza place before heading to AC.



Allie and I on the way to dinner to Sal's, an Italian restaurant we always go to there. 

Allie trying to get a family picture! ha!! 

Dad got Granny and I tickets to the comedy club at the Borgata that evening. Fun! And, funny too, of course. 

The next morning I took advantage of the pool deck before meeting Allie and her family at the Golden Nugget, where Granny and I had our own room for two nights. Sunday night we stayed with Mom and Dad at the Water Club at Borgata. 

I started on the outdoor pool deck.....

With book in hand, I retreated to the indoor pool deck when it got too hot since I didn't want to get in the water and then have to drive to the Nugget. 


Before we met Allie, we had an amazing brunch at the poolside restaurant. Borgata is known for having Food Network chefs and serving gourmet meals in their top notch restaurants. I had a delicious egg sandwich with the best home fries; they were roasted in rosemary and garlic. So good. Dad raved about this stuffed french toast, so we had to order that as dessert to share. Delish! 

Next stop: Golden Nugget pool! The chairs in the water were coveted that day as it was SO hot and humid. Figures we'd be there right in the middle of a heatwave!  




That evening we went to The Crab Trap in Somer's Point for some yummy seafood!



On the way back, we played putt putt; and for the first time ever, I won! I was second to Allie who won overall (#1 in her group), but I was #1 in my group (dad, mom and granny). Hooray for me!

The next day we did the beach, had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and then we drove home. Allie and her family stayed one additional night.

Three nights is the longest I've ever been away from the kids, so needless to say, I was as excited to see them as they were to see me!

They had fun, too, though. Here's some pictures of their adventures:

Weeding with Daddy

Supervising weeding

Bugs and sand!



BK lunch


artwork

At the Bull Run battlefield



Pinkberry! 










Win/win for all during this mini July vaca! Fun for all! Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun weekend, and thank you MaMaw and PaPa for coming to watch the kids! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment