Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Burke Lake

We have so many fun memories over the years from Burke Lake Park. I believe some of the nostalgia from visiting there stems from driving by the townhouse and reliving that time we bolted out of there the morning I went into labor. And, the afternoon we returned three weeks later, to find that the snow STILL had not been plowed.

The children don't remember the townhouse, of course, but we tell them stories. Anabella mentioned on this past visit that I used to stroll them down the paths (something I've told them before). Boy, did we ever stroll those paths! It's one of the things I really miss about Burke. The nice walking paths. That, and all the trees, providing all the shade which made for good walking!

Chip and I have been going to Burke Lake Park since we used to have Ryan & then Hayden come visit us overnight at the townhouse. Before that, I used to go walking there with my friend Mary. Trained there for my Avon Breast Cancer Walk in 2004.

Here are some pictures from previous years:  August 2014, August 2012

Here's this year:































Next, to the train!

Chip had worn his suit on this particular day because he had a meeting or something, so I had to bring him an extra set of clothes since we met there. Well, I meant to grab his shoes from the downstairs closet and forgot. Oops. But doesn't he look cute?! 


























Next stop was another fun playground.






This is a staple picture.....we have one of Ryan here. 



That is a handsome boy if I do say so myself! 









I love action shots from the park because they capture each cute little expression! 






Another "remake" from last year.....so cute! 







By this time we were ready for dinner, so we took a break and went to one of our old time favorite restaurants (minutes from our Burke townhouse- we ate there at least once a week when I was pregannt), La Tolteca.

Then, we came back to the park and visited the lake.

You can't go to Burke Lake Park without visiting the lake!!




















I think this looks like it should be framed. 














Some of my favorite pictures come from Burke Lake Park! Good times, happy memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment