Saturday, December 14, 2013

Baby, It's COLD Outside!


Man, Michael had the right idea.


If I could have crawled up in the fireplace with a blanket earlier this week, I would have done it (with a good book, of course). 

It's COLD! 

Do you see the icicles? 

It's a good thing Frosty has a scarf!
(I double layered him this year- and, it's a good thing!)

Seriously?
If it's going to be COLD, I'd like to put in a request with Michael for some SNOW, please.

The fluffy kind.

 Marshmallow World Snow. 

White. 

Snow for a Frosty.

Snow Angel Snow.

Friendly snow that covers trees and makes them look pretty.

The ice on this tree- not friendly.
Even the birds who can always manage to get something off "their" overgrown honeysuckle bush on our deck were nowhere to be found.  

Can we trade in icicles for some marshmallow clouds....on the ground, please.
As if this is all not pitiful enough, there were two little ones inside who just couldn't wait to get outside....

Bless their sweet little innocent hearts

armed with their shovels, which they'd have to use as canes to walk around

not even needing snowsuits as there would be no snow angels today.






If and when we do get REAL snow, this boy is ready to do some shoveling!
Until then, I'll be waiting inside the fireplace with my blanket reading a book sipping hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows.

Now in Front Royal, they did get snow.  The fluffy white kind.

And, since it's been so COLD, the snow was still there when we went to Maw & Dee's on Friday.  So, while I finished my Christmas shopping, Anabella and Daniel did some sledding and playing in Front Royal's Marshmallow World with their grandparents (Dad loves the song "Marshmallow World).  

Love this.
He says his size 10 snow boots are too small even though they're the same size as his sneakers.
I guess he figured he'd wear Dad's.
Not sure about the rope.



Snow Angel Snow!
Real snow! 

Michael, we promise to let you hang out in the fireplace all day long. We'll even bake cookies, too.  But remember, fluffy (you know the way Anabella likes her pancakes, right?) white snow only.  No icicles.  

Ok?

Understand? 

We'll be waiting.....


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they got to play in the snow some. I was grateful to have Anabella's snow suit for Hadley. I think Dave was impressed that I was already prepared!

    ReplyDelete