We were hoping to outsmart the other Santa seekers and avoid a line. Wishful thinking. There was still a line (took about a half hour), but we made the best of it. Anabella's been into "Ring Around the Rosie" lately, so between that and a little balancing on one foot, it was our turn with Santa before we even had to bring out the iPhone (besides for pictures, of course)!
We went to Manassas Mall this year since we had such a good experience there last year following what was just a bit of a debacle.
What I like about the photographers at Manassas Mall is that they don't rush you. They give the children time to relax and chat with Santa a bit (despite others waiting in line- great when it's your turn; not so great while waiting- will they just hurry up already?!). Seriously. They must allow like 5 minutes per family. As opposed to the 39 seconds you get at Fair Oaks.
We enjoyed our time. It took Anabella a few minutes to settle in, but once I sat beside her and chatted with the big guy for a while, she saw that Santa wasn't so scary after all, and she let me get up. And, even smiled for her annual picture.
Daniel told Santa he wanted a robot. A robot! Not once has he mentioned wanting a robot. Where does he come up with this stuff?
I think I figured it out. Preschoolers are so literal. So, in the book Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear, guess what Brother Bear asks for from Santa?
Yep. A robot.
Kids!
The other thing I like about the photographers at Manassas Mall (I should send them this post in hopes of scoring a coupon for next year!): they even let you look at the pictures while they're taking them and choose the one you like best. Seriously. (I hope we didn't exceed our time limit.)
Pleased with the picture we got (they chose to sit beside Santa this year instead of on his lap):
And, another reason I like Santa at Manassas Mall....
Look closely: It's the SAME SANTA!!!!
Now that is cool.
Seriously.
Isn't that cool? (Assuming there's more than one, I think we got lucky.)
| 2010 and 2011 at Fair Oaks |
Happy to have gotten their turn to see Santa, and even happier to have gotten a lollipop, Daniel and Anabella were quite amused to view their reflections in this mirror (while silly Mommy tried to make them take more pictures!).
![]() |
| Just look at those twinkling lights! Did Michael follow us to the mall? |
Until next year.....Merry Christmas to All....and to All a Good Night! (heehee....sorry, couldn't resist). :)










Love your outfits! The robot thing cracks me up.
ReplyDelete