had a very shiny nose
and if you ever saw it
you would even say it glows....
Know the song?
Doesn't it make you smile? Imagine a few dozen 3 year olds singing it on stage wearing reindeer antlers.
It's even better!
Though it's hard to see, there are two particularly bright stars in this performance- both are in the center- one is in the very front wearing a green skirt (can't miss her) and trying to keep her spot as she very gently pushes her way forward as a few others try to move their way into her space. Her reindeer antlers are gold. There's another equally cute star just a tad behind her to the left (cute little Dan Credle face/tan cordoroys) donning bright red antlers.
Next, "I'm a Little Snowflake," performed by 2, 3 and 4 year olds (two stars are still in the center but no longer on front row so you have to look a little more closely- you can see them following the motions and singing along).
Last, but not least, "Feliz Navidad."
Daytime Playtime has a Spanish immersion program and teaches Spanish in conjunction with English in all the classes, so while Anabella and Daniel can't sing this song in its entirety independently quite as well as they can the other two (and, boy, can they ever sing the other two!), I appreciate that they are being exposed to it early. Dan loves this song! So does Daddy. :)
The performance was scheduled for Saturday, 12/14, but rescheduled due to school being cancelled three days that week (delay on third day but that's a closure when you only have school until noon). As you can see, there are a lot of little ones on stage, and they all have on handmade shirts. Can you imagine? Do you see why it was rescheduled?
While Daniel and Anabella were sniffle free on 12/14; unfortunately, by 12/21 Dan was fighting his first cold of the year. I'd taken him to the doctor that Tuesday. He had been given the typical "virus" diagnosis, and while I wasn't worried about him spreading germs to his friends as he no longer had a fever, he wasn't 100% healthy at his performance, still fighting a cough and the accompanying hoarseness. But, you'd never have known it. (that is unless you rode home with him).
The good thing about the performance being rescheduled, we learned later, was that it allowed MaMa and PaPa the opportunity to come. Originally, we were leaving for their house that Friday when Daddy got out of school for an Early Christmas, but once the program was rescheduled, they offered to come to see us instead. Am I lucky to have such thoughtful, flexible in laws, or what?
Win win.
Mom and Granny came, too. Dad was planning to come on 12/14, but had to work on 12/21, so that's too bad. S and S, our friends who stay with us before/after school Mondays and Thursdays came along too, with their mother. We went to their performance the Sunday before at their church, Battlefield Baptist. Pam was thanking us that Monday when Anabella said, "You come to my performance, too?" If you could have heard her suggest it, you'd know why they couldn't miss it!
Here they all are:
| Dan was not crying, though he looks to be. He was just over pictures at this point. |
I really like this picture of the stars...with their other supporters:
Here are some other pictures of the stars on stage:
| This is the best picture of Dan- see him right in front of Belle (who is easy to spot due to her green skirt- she was really looking around.) |
Hearing them sing these songs is priceless. I really need to get it on video. Stay tuned as I'll try! For now, here are some pictures taken at home before the performance:
| Daddy took this while I was getting ready, so I'm not sure what they're doing here.....antlers? Do reindeer wear goggles in the fog? |
| Huggy, huggy |
| Two cutest reindeer I ever did see! |

For some reason the first three pics are showing up just as white.
ReplyDelete