So cute.
I don't know which I like better- watching her dance or dressing her in that cute ballet attire.
Here's some pictures from her first few sessions:
Kind of a funny story for how this all panned out. I really put a lot of research into finding what I hoped would be the right fit for her first dance experience. There are several dance studios in Gainesville and the surrounding areas, and I think I visited just about all of them before finally deciding on Spotlight Dance in Manassas, which is actually the farthest from our house, distance and time wise. I chose it because it came highly recommended, particularly for young girls just starting out, because it's not as intense as some of the other studios. Plus, it was the one where I felt we were the most warmly welcomed. Since starting there, I've met so many friendly moms and definitely feel like it's the right fit for us right now. Despite that it takes us nearly a half hour to get to with traffic. Ugh. It only meets once a week though, so it's very doable.
Anyway, that's not the funny part. The irony, I suppose it's not really funny, is that after all that research and wanting to make sure she got in just the "right" class for her first dance experience, turns out she actually ended up in the wrong class. She's in Ballet 2! Originally, I signed her up for Pre-Ballet/Pre-Tap (for 2-4 year olds), but there were only a few girls in the class (one was 2 and dropped after the first session). So, the owner asked if I'd mind if she moved into the next class up, Ballet 1, for 4-6 year olds. It met same day, just an hour later. She'd have the same teacher.
Sure.
Here's where it gets funny. So, there are two classes that meet side by side and I guess I didn't realize it but she ended up in the Ballet 2 class instead of Ballet 1. I didn't realize this until the third week, and when I asked her teacher if I should move her into the other class, she said she was fine. Said she follows directions well and that Ballet II is just an extension of Ballet I and that most of the kids in her class were younger anyway, so just keep her where she was. So, she went from Pre-Ballet to Ballet II!
Truly all that matters is that she has fun. And she's having fun. She really loves it.
![]() |
| Last week was Bring a Friend Week so she brought our neighbor. |
![]() |
| Cute little girlfriends! |
Hope you enjoyed this little sneak peak into Ballerina Belle's first few sessions.....stay tuned....she might just advance to the Dance Company soon! heehee.....:)

















No comments:
Post a Comment