Almost every time we're on I-66 passing the Markham exit, one of the kids will point out the "pumpkin patch," and we reminisce about our trips to Hartland and talk about how it's "almost time" to go back again or how "in a few months" we'll have to do it again, etc. etc. Picking pumpkins from Hartland in October 2012 and the picnic we had there in October 2011 are two experiences they definitely fondly remember.
Given that we talk about it nearly once a week it seems, you can imagine their excitement a few weeks ago we went from "almost time" to "we're going today!"
This year we took our annual pumpkin patch trip in Early October on a nice fall Sunday when the air was just crisp enough to need long sleeves but not quite so cold that we had to worry with jackets. Perfect.
I packed a picnic lunch, but there was an accident on I-66 and since traffic was stopped anyway, we were all so hungry we decided to eat in the car on the way to save some time. Good thing we did because we ended up needing all that time for a very full day at our favorite "pumpkin patch" a.k.a. Hartland Orchard.
When we first arrived it was just as the pig race was about to start, so we started there.
Yay, for the little black pig!
Oh wait, they're all little black pigs! heee....:)
They knew exactly where they wanted to go next.
Look, it's Dorothy!
Anabella was all about jumping with Dorothy.
To the slide! This was the big attraction for them in 2012, but this year they preferred the trampoline more.
I just LOVE when they spontaneously grab hands!
To the hayride!
Trying to get a family picture....
Check out that corn maze
Surely a great pumpkin in that patch!
Daniel and Anabella (Daddy too) experienced a first on this hayride: Cow Pooping Live. Oh my.
Anabella became quick friends with this little girl and actually requested that I take their picture. Her parents gave permission, so here they are- if her personality at 4 is any indication, this girl should have no trouble making friends.
The little girl was nice, but boy did her mom ever struggle at using our camera.
This was like "take 15".....I wish I was kidding. Hey, we'll take it!
Back at the moonbounce making another friend.....
Caramel apple, anyone? Yum!
Trying to get Daniel in the picture but he just couldn't stop munching on that apple. This picture cracks me up.
More interested in the apple or pickin' a pumpkin?!
We loaded our pumpkins and headed to the orchard for some apples....stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment