Sunday, October 12, 2014

September Wrap-up

September Memories Await.....
Here we are at Jiffy Lube Live enjoying the birthday present I got Chip back in May-
 Aerosmith on the lawn- he said it was worth the wait!
It rained, but just a little.

It didn't dampen our fun (or selfies!) 
Eating at her new favorite restaurant- Pei Wei in Gainesville. It's where she wants to go every Friday after ballet. 

One Sunday afternoon at Braemar Park, where we played after enjoying a picnic lunch.

Found this in Dan's room- oh no, the cow is eating "Chomp" the turtle!

I think this Mario hat is a bit big for Buzz.

Doesn't that vest look lovely on Leapfrog?!
(I had to take pictures of these things I found one day in Dan's room- I don't know if he did it to be funny or what, but it sure made me laugh.)

Back to normal around here now that school's started back up- my four kiddos back together again enjoying their afternoon snack. Look at studious S and S doing their reading at the table so that that can get outside sooner! 

Lots of good park days in Early Fall

Little Lambs had a Back to School hour during the school day where parents were invited in to watch a little of the school day. We got to see a shortened version of Circle time, watch them make a craft, and see what they do in centers. 

I was so impressed with how well the children sat criss cross applesauce so quietly while Mrs. Clickner, Daniel's teacher, led their Circle time routine. 

Anabella's class was a little more restless with some kids on their knees, but they, too, were good as gold during Circle Time. I was bouncing between the two classes spending 10 minute intervals in each.  They were following along with their routines and hardly knew I was there so there were no tears when I'd pop in and pop out like I feared. 

When I arrived to Anabella's class, the teacher was going over the directions for the elephants as they were about to go to the tables to make them. Anabella raised her hand for a question.  "Mrs. Bonner," she said, "can we use markers to add eyes and a mouth to the elephants?" A few of the parents, myself included, chuckled at this cute question, and I couldn't help but think, that's our Belle! Always thinking ahead and wanting to make her projects look as good as can be.  Elephants do have eyes and a mouth and she hadn't mentioned it as part of the directions, so I know where Anabella was coming from. Her teacher smiled and responded, "Yes, Anabella, if there's time, you are welcome to add eyes and a mouth to your elephant."

E was their letter of the week, so Daniel's class made elephants for their daily activity as well. Here's Dan with his favorite friend Liam who he met at camp this summer. 


This All About Me book was a cute little collection of Daniel's favorites,  along with how tall he is, his weight, his self portrait, fingerprint flowers he made, etc. Very cute little keepsake! 

After making their elephants, Anabella's class went back to closing circle where her teacher passed out her class's All About Me books.



Anabella's teacher is a photographer. Nice! No stiff Jostens school pictures for this preschool- they've already sent something home saying that Mrs. Bonner will be photographing the children in natural light outside. Yay for that! I like the pictures she did for the All About Me books. They were taken on the playground and were very natural looking. 

Excited to meet our newest cousin, Colton Theodore, named after his grandfather Theodore Junior, and my late grandfather Theodore

It's hard to tell who is happier in this picture- Granny or Anabella?
They both just adore babies! 
That's it for September! Not many pictures to share, but a fun month spent enjoying some quality time with family, getting the house ready for fall, and settling into our new school-time schedule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment