Saturday, December 19, 2015

Mild December = Trip to Battlefield

Last Sunday was warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt. No kidding.

Good thing we were already in the Christmas spirit; otherwise, the weather wouldn't help matters. While we baked anyway on Saturday, we just had to get out and do something outside on Sunday.

We thought about going on one of our local hikes, but then Chip mentioned the Manassas Battlefield, so we decided to try that out instead.

Knowing that it was a good backdrop for pictures, I took along my camera and got lots of fun pictures!!















We weren't really dressed for pictures, but I still got some good ones. I can definitely see us coming back here in the spring!
























They were being extra silly; can you tell?!






















Five years for us in Gainesville and we'd never been to the Manassas Battlefield, which is practically in our back yard. Hooray for the mild December of 2015 and our first trip to the Battlefield. I see more trips here in our future.

Not that I'm really digging this mild winter, but there is something nice about being able to walk around outside without freezing in December.

Ready for some snow any day now. Though the 15 day is not looking promising. Here's hoping those January frostys will bring some!


No comments:

Post a Comment