Monday, December 14, 2015

November: 50th Day of School


I've heard of kids celebrating the 100th day of school but not the 50th, so I was surprised when I got a letter home that the Kindergartners would be celebrating 50th! They were to bring in (and count) 50 items and dress like 50s.

Daniel counted out 50 matchbox cars and Anabella picked 50 hair ties.

You weren't supposed to purchase anything to wear (not that there was time for that anyway really), so we made do with what we had in the closets and pulled together two pretty cute little outfits.



That afternoon they had a sock hop, and I went in and joined them for some 50s fun.

Dan's class

Belle & our neighbor friend, Lily.

Root beer floats, yum!
Dan wanted "orange ice cream" aka sherbet, like he has on his root beer floats at Granny's. ha! 

Dan palled around with his buddy, Liam.
Most of the boys were in white t-shirts and jeans rolled up.



Fun afternoon of 50s fun! Before we know it, it'll be the 100th day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment