Friday, December 19, 2014

November: Wrap-up

Still some leftover pics on the camera from November:





Is this a girl who loves her dog, or what? (and that caterpillar!)
She went in to pet Shilee one afternoon (which she loves to do) and the next thing I knew, she was fast asleep! Took a good little 45 minute nap in this position one day. ha! 

They love Play-doh. See those candles- those are for Shilee & Solomon, who celebrated 7 years on 11/23.
MaMaw even sent them cards! She loves her granddogs.




The ninja looking for just the right sword.....








Oh my, this was way long ago- Election Day! 

One nice November day when we helped Granny pick flowers to dry for seeds next year.  


No school that day for WC kids, so we had a visit with Beth and the kids (and Blaze) before heading back home. 

Not sure which is cuter- the fort they made or the clothes they picked. I especially like Anabella's choice of stripes.

The life! 

Gosh, there were a lot of warm days in November....and we took advantage of them & took a couple hikes up Bull Run Mountain in Haymarket. The kids love hiking. 

I took a picture of these books because it's a memory I want to keep- one night Anabella brought them to me and asked if we could read them before bed. Usually our books come from the guest room bookshelf, but these she pulled from the bookshelf in her room. When I told her that of course we could read them and asked why she asked (usually they just get books and we meet in our bed to read). She looked at me puzzled and said, "I didn't know if they were appropriate." Because of the stripes maybe? Or maybe she thought they were too girly? We read books as a family at night so maybe she thought they weren't "appropriate" for that reason....usually we pick books from our shared shelf for pm readings- who knows, but it cracked me up.
Love the minds of our growing 4 year olds (and their blossoming vocabulary!)!!   

Still some park days in November.....

Adding some sparkle to her nails

Veteran's Day shopping with Mom & Granny


Sergey, that tower is taller than you are! 



Sad day: Daniel's teacher, Mrs. Clickner's last day at Little Lambs. Her husband is in the Secret Service, and they've been transferred (clear across the world for 4 years!). 

He was being silly, but I think it's because he was sad to see her go. He really liked her and has told me a few times already that he misses her. So sweet. 

Anabella loved her too. 

Look what bright eyes brought home mid-November!
Her first book! Along with a letter stating that she'd mastered all her letter sounds and was ready to start reading! Smart girl!! 


She's gotten a book a week since she brought this one home. I read it to her once or twice, and then she reads it back from then on. So proud of her!  We have some other early readers in our collection that she's reading as well. Blinked my eye, and my little girl is reading!

Snuggle bunnies

Dan is quite the creator! 

Speaking of creations.....they create at least one of these a week. 
November seems like so long ago....I guess so considering it's almost Christmas! Oh well, had to get these posted......more Christmas-y stuff to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I feel sad for Dan that his teacher had to leave. I hope he gets another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His new teacher is just as wonderful- he loves her too! But it was sad. He really liked her. She was just one of those really special people.

    ReplyDelete