"Look, Mommy, I have a loose tooth."
Boy, did he ever! I was figuring it would be slightly loose, but no, it was ready to come out loose!
I have no idea how this happened. While he does brush his own teeth some, I (or Chip) always brushes them at least once a day (usually at night), so surely we would have noticed? He never once mentioned it being loose when he ate or anything.
Is it possible it happened THAT quickly, like while swimming under water at the pool? I wonder if he didn't hit it on something that day, though he didn't say anything about that either. Maybe he was chewing on his goggles? He's still a chewer, and he loves the strap on his goggles.
The Mystery of the Loose Tooth!
Here's how loose it was (video taken after dinner on the day he told me it was first loose):
By the time bedtime rolled around, Daddy gave it a little tug (at Daniel's request), and out it popped! Big, strong boy never shed a tear! Though his sister did. Worried about it bleeding and hurting.
![]() |
| Can't you just see the pride in that smile?! |
No tooth fairy books, but we did have this Baby Tooth Book keepsake (below) to hold the first tooth (and all the subsequent ones); thoughtful gifts from Beth a few years ago.
That night in exchange for his first pearly white, Daniel got a $5 smacker and 4 shiny quarters. The 4 shiny quarters was what the tooth fairy in our book left. Aunt Allie said the tooth fairy usually leaves $10 for the first tooth, but apparently not the one who visited our house.
I love my boy's toothless grin! But, slow down the permanent teeth please; let's keep those baby teeth as long as we can!!



No comments:
Post a Comment