Monday, September 21, 2015

August: Wrap-up

Lots to wrap up from August:

One of our last Tuesdays at Granny's pre the kids starting Kindegarten!

Lindsay brought these crowns for the girls to decorate and they loved it.






The boys were busy hunting. 



Reid! You're too little to pull those big girls. He tried, though. 


I took about 15 pictures to try to get them all looking at the camera at the same time.
I've included them all here so that you can see that the battle is real.
This time it really was! I don't think I got a single one that's good of all of them.

I like Reid's cheesy grin in this one. 






Ever since our girl's day at Lindsay's house where the girls did nails, Anabella has been asking to do it again. This time since we knew they were going to be there, she brought her polish and they painted away. 







While the kids won't have this special time during the week for playdates like they've had these couple years, I hope they stay close and that we can work out time for them to get together as regularly as possible. They are so sweet together.

Speaking of sweet, there's a whole lot of sweetness in this next set of August wrap-up pictures:


I'm usually not a fan of the neighborhood boys playing soccer in the common area behind our house, but I sure did enjoy watching this little guy!! 



And, you definitely couldn't miss the older version.....blue shorts, yellow shirt, red hat. He definitely has his own style. Wait, can you call that look "style"?  

I told you this set of pictures was sweet! 


On one of their Saturday Costco trips, Daddy decided Anabella needed this sunhat. 

Look at those big kids in their boosters!
We switched out the carseats in August and put the high back boosters from the car to the van. 


I went with Beth & the girls to another Edwin McCain concert in August.
This one was at my old stomping grounds- Alexandria!
Seems like forever ago that I lived there in an apartment with my friend Julie who is now a mom of 3 who has lived all over the world with her husband who was just promoted to an officer in the Air Force. Miss those days sometimes but wouldn't trade my life now for anything. It's a different kind of fun. :) 

Anabella's artwork (they love drawing on boxes).

Busch Gardens with MaMaw & PaPa









Trying on clothes at the Mariner's Museum.


Dan was in Lego heaven!


He loves to build and is so creative. 




At Second Street






At the Thai restaurant....Daddy being silly as usual.




Playing at Deer Park 
Last trip to Water Country this summer



Last weekday trip to Fair Oaks pre-Kindergarten starting- we had to get in one last trip to CFA and ride on the escalators and the glass elevator (oh, and of course the play area, too)! 



Pet caterpillar

The week before school started, Duck Donuts in Bristow opened.
We went at 10:30 am the second day it was open, and this was the line.

So worth the wait! Yum, yum!!


Can you guess whose is whose?



PLaying at the park the week before school started (we made the most of that week, let me tell ya!)







Playing in the backyard with neighbors; taking a break for snack.




We went to school with Daddy one Saturday so that I could help him get his office ready for back to school. Whew, good thing. It needed me. 





Van Halen concert at Jiffy Lube Live. Date night on the lawn. This was Chip's anniversary present. Not exactly my type of music, but the company was good and it was a beautiful night, so I was happy. 


Cutiepie with one of his masterpieces. 


The month of August was just so cold, ya know?!
There you have it, our hodgepodge of August fun! I just might get to that Back to School post before the end of September after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment