Monday, September 21, 2015

August: Pre Back to School

The week before school started, we went to orientation at Piney Branch. Since it was held in the morning, Chip went to school late so that he could go with us.

We started in the cafeteria for a group session where we sat with some friends of ours from the neighborhood and Little Lambs. It felt good to recognize a few faces in our new setting.

Daniel's friend Liam from LIttle Lambs was there. They are also in the same class together this year, which made Daniel (and us b/c he's such a nice boy) so happy. 

We also ran into Lucas, a friend from our neighborhood who also attended Little Lambs with us last year, but was in a different class. Turns out, he's in Anabella's class. In fact, they were table-mates, placed beside one another at the table in their classroom. 

I remember requesting Liam to be in Daniel's class when I registered him, but I didn't request anyone in particular for Anabella, since none of her friends were going to Piney Branch. However, when I saw that Lucas and Anabella were placed beside each other at the table, I realized I must have mentioned that she was friends with Lucas after all. I think one of the teachers brought it up during registration (having just registered him and remembering that he, too, went to Little Lambs) It made me happy that they listened to our suggestions and accommodated our requests.

Following the presentation and introductions in the cafeteria, we went to their classrooms to meet their teachers and assistants and to drop off supplies.

I had so much on my mind this day, I didn't get many pictures; in fact, I didn't get any of Anabella in her classroom. But, apparently Daniel's teacher was posing with students for pictures in her class, so Daddy did get one of Dan.

Daniel with Miss Watts

Go, Daddy! He even got a picture of Daniel in his classroom. 

Following classroom visitation, they got to ride on the bus and went over bus rules with the bus driver. 


I got a great picture of Dan's friend, Liam.

Daniel doesn't look overly happy in this particular picture, but he said the bus ride was his favorite part of orientation. Both he and Anabella did enjoy orientation, though they were apprehensive, of course, as they should have been starting such a new, big adventure.


I was SO proud of both of them. Mommy was the only one who shed a tear that day (hidden behind my sunglasses so that nobody knew but me). They were confident as could be, and it was reassuring for both me and Chip to see that they were ready for this next stage of their lives. 

They really wanted to play on the school playground, but we'd driven over together and since Chip had to get back to work, I promised them that we could return later before we went to the pool.






The weekend before school started, we laid out our clothes for the entire first week. Mom used to do this with Allie and me when we were in school, and it avoids so much hassle in the mornings. Mom still does it. She irons both her and dad's clothes for the whole week on Sundays. Now I didn't iron everything, but we did lay it all out.

Day 1(Daniel was so excited to wear his new Captain America shoes!)

Rest of week (Daniel wore a collared shirt 4 of the 5 days of the first week of school and then maybe once or twice in the weeks to follow- he tells me "nobody wears collared shirts" ha!)

Meanwhile, Anabella wore a dress every day that first week and probably 3 times (on the days she doesn't have PE in the weeks to follow). I'm so glad she loves dresses. I'll take advantage of it while I still can!

Day 1

Days 2-3

Days 4-5

We even laid out hair bows! hahaha

Back to School coming soon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment