I am SO behind on blogging. Believe it or not, this post is a throw back to the very beginning of summer (last week in June) when the kids attended our church's VBS and then mid-July when they attended Gainesville's United Methodist Church's VBS.
First, the one at our church:
The theme was Everest
This project was to demonstrate how God healed Naamen in the river. On one side of the stick Naamen is sad b/c of his spots; then when flipped and he's washed, he's happy. I thought this was especially clever. The kids understood it, too and were able to explain it to me. The blue bowl is water you know. :)
At Parent Night.....
On the last day, Anabella wanted to go up on stage and get her picture with all the crew. She cried when we got in the car, saying she was going to miss VBS. So sweet.
I loved getting these daily re-cap sheets so that we could discuss what they'd learned at home. While I think some of the lessons were over their heads and more suitable for older kids, they did grasp the bible point and we talked about what it meant and how it applied to our lives.
VBS at UMC, several weeks later, had the same theme, but the activities and lessons had a unique spin. The worship songs were the same, though, which was wonderful since they loved the music and already knew some of the lyrics!
"My God is Powerful"....I can seriously sing this in my sleep. I think we all can. We got the CD as part of our "kit" and the kids absolutely love it. We listen it to all the time. They dance around and sing and do the hand motions. So cute. I have some video of it that I'll include below.
I had to take these videos from upstairs without them knowing b/c they don't like me to video them.
All of the projects are described below (in the daily handout that came home).
Can you tell what this is? If not, you can read about it (and its significance)....in the handout below.
These hearts were crumpled up and then straightened out- like our sins, they told me.
Like last year, this church had Bible Buddies to help support each day's lesson.
At the program on the last day....
Two friends from Little Lambs were in their class at VBS. Dan's friend Jon and a little girl from the 5 day class that they both recognized from the playground.
Here's some video from the program on the last day:
They absolutely love VBS, and so do I. So thankful that they were able to participate in not only one but two weeks of VBS this summer.
And, that's not all. They also went with Caleb and Hadley to their former church's VBS, which was held as an All-in-one Day VBS. Held on a Saturday in Front Royal. 7-11 day! If Lindsay has any pictures from this, maybe I'll add them later, but for now, just happy to be posting this (as jumbled and out of order as it was!).
No comments:
Post a Comment