Prince William returned to school before Labor Day this year. The kids started Monday, August 31st.
 |
| Name tags they got from their teachers at orientation. |
 |
| They picked these backpacks on our trip to Fair Oaks the week before school started. They are Lands End. They have matching lunch boxes inside. They have both packed lunch every day since school started. |
Chip went to work late the morning of the first day so that he could walk the kids to the bus stop. Between the camera and both our cell phones, we captured plenty of pictures of the cuties the morning before their first day of kindergarten. I was proud that Daniel hung in as well as he did (given his dislike of pictures and all).
 |
| Due to boundary changes, Svetlana, who I've been watching before/after school 2 days per week since the kids were 2 years old, is attending Piney Branch this year. How cool that she could join us on the first day! Her mom came, too. No matter the age, moms like to see their kids off on that first day. And, from what I hear, the tears (from moms) don't fade away as the years go by either. |
 |
| Even though Anabella isn't looking at the camera, this is my favorite picture of the two of them. |
 |
| This is my favorite individual shot of Ananbella. |
 |
| Love this one of Daniel. |
 |
| Close second. |
 |
| Another favorite- love how he has foot turned! |
 |
| You know Daddy got some selfies in! |
Here we are waiting at the bus stop. The bus was so late; we had plenty of time for pictures! Pick up time was supposed to be: 8:42am. Actual pick up was closer to 9:05am. Meanwhile, school was supposed to start at 9am. The whole first week it was late picking up and late arriving home.
 |
| And, there they go!! |
Given that I've cried just thinking about the kids going to kindergarten (like since they were born), I am proud to say that I totally kept it together until they got on the bus. Then, once they were seated, I waved happily, as the tears started (thank goodness for sunglasses), and then I cried a river all the way back to the house and then again on/off during the day. Better than I expected, though. My adrenaline helped me keep it together as long as I knew I had to and that was long enough to get them on the bus.
Man, that first day was long. Time stood still it seemed, and I can honestly it was the least productive of all the days I've had since they've been in school. Besides uploading some pictures to Facebook and doing a load of laundry, I hardly accomplished a thing. Kept watching the clock, waiting to pick them up, wondering how they were doing, what they were doing. Were they eating lunch yet? Could they get everything open? Had they been to the bathroom? Would they be afraid to ask?
4PM couldn't come quick enough that first day!
I was so relieved when they got off the bus with smiles on their faces. They both had good days. Belle's highlight was riding the bus and seeing her neighbor friend Lily and Mrs. Timme. Dan's highlight was the playground (specifically the monkey bars). I think he also liked carrying that big backpack. He was so proud. They were both excited to return the next day!
More back to school pictures from the rest of the week....in a future post.
No comments:
Post a Comment