To Granny's we go.....
 |
Lego Batman and Iron Man went along with us. Daniel managed to carry these all day and still had them the next morning. |
 |
| Solomon was happy to go along this time. |
 |
| Two thumb suckers! |
 |
My favorite exit off I-66! Don't let the fog fool you. It was warm again, and I was still in flip flops. This was definitely the warmest Christmas I ever remember.
|
I don't even remember what time we arrived, but I know it was later than the 10:30 I was hoping for. Maybe 11:30?
Everyone was there and every thing was in full swing.
 |
Brunch was delicious as usual. Granny had her traditional oyster stew, which I never eat, but I know everyone likes. I enjoyed the sausage/hashbrown casserole and a couple ham biscuits. |
 |
This was one of the first times I think all the grandchildren had significant others. Even Tatumn, the youngest. Here she is with her boyfriend at the breakfast bar. |
 |
| Michael, Leslie's boyfriend holding their son Colton. |
 |
| Bailey, my cousin Willie's son, who is the oldest great grandchild with his baby cousin, Colton. |
 |
| Oh, the anticipation.....awaiting their presents. |
 |
| Granny liked the memory book I made her. |
 |
| Daniel liked his lantern Granny got him. Anabella got a Shopkins bus from Granny and they both got art projectors. Aunt Julie and Uncle Greg got Daniel an Animal Planet set, a snow shovel and a Pirates magnet set. They got Anabella a singing Anna doll and a broom/dust pan, which she has been using to clean up the rocks in the cul-de-sac. ha! |
 |
Giving Granny a hug. Sweet boy! |
 |
This lantern will come in handy on the next camping trip! Granny knows Daniel likes to "play camp" a lot too, so it was very fitting, and he has really enjoyed it. |
 |
I missed Anabella opening her gifts, but I did get this "group hug" she initiated with Dan and Caleb. I think she was the only one "hugging" though. ha! |
 |
| Hadley liked the ornament Anabella painted for her. |
 |
Granny liked the ornament I made her with the kids' pictures and the annual calendar, too. I also got her a shark swiffer vacuum and a snowman decoration to put by the fireplace. |
 |
| Allie and Tawny |
 |
| Natie and her boyfriend |
 |
In all the chaos of arriving and bringing in gifts, the kids went off to play and I sorta forgot to offer them breakfast until much later when we'd already opened gifts. At this point it was "lunch." I love Anabella's face here, it's like, "Ugh, mommy!" |
 |
| Dan still had his Batman! |
 |
| Tatumn and Tawny |
 |
When Tawny took this, she called us the "good grandchildren." ha! Maybe Lindsay. :) |
I don't have any pictures of my gifts, but Granny got me a Food Network dutch oven, which I am so excited about. I've been wanting one for a while but it's not something I would buy myself. I already used it once to make spaghetti sauce for Mom and Dad when they came over a few days after Christmas. She also got me a dachshund necklace and a pair of silver earrings. Chip got a white dress shirt.
Hugs all around and Merry Christmas wishes to the family, and we were off again for more Christmas festivities....this time to Mom and Dad's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment