Saturday, January 9, 2016

Christmas at Mom & Dad's

By 1pm, we were off again!

This time to Mom & Dad's house.

Boy, did we ever have some piles of presents!
Allie had them all sorted by the time we arrived. 


We went in order from youngest to oldest (one gift at a time for the kids) and it worked perfectly.
The kids were very patient and knew exactly when it was their turn.
Here's Dan opening his gun from Aunt Allie and her family.


It came with spiders that stuck to the walls and "walked" down. Here he is shooting one. He loved this! 

Anabella got a Nerf Rebelle gun from Aunt Allie, too.

Dan got a mini Lego set from Aunt Cindy and a color wonder set.

Anabella got a Minion play doh set from Cindy and a Minion color wonder set.

One of Anabella's favorite gifts was the Minion pillow & blanket set from Maw & Dee. 

Dan got a Spiderman table, which he put in his room.


Ryan and Hayden are into clothes and fancy shoes these days, but they got a few toys, too. 


Belle got a Doc McStuffins vet station, which she loves.
She says she wants to be a veterinarian. 

Belle was so cute opening gifts. She'd say, "Maw, I asked for this!" Or, "This is just what I wanted!" Mom, of course, ate it up. She had her go through a toy catalog and pick stuff. She remembered what she picked, too. "This is what I circled!" 

Dan and Hayden both got Nerf vests to store their bullets. 






Minion operation game 





Transformer


Anabella got Allie a Puppy Surprise like she had when she was little.




Three puppies inside!








I think I'l get Allie one of these next year. 

Doc McStuffins vet carrier case



New earrings! Crosses! 


Dan got a tool set. A REAL one!
He proudly carried it to his Home Depot class this past Saturday. (more on that in a later post)

She also picked this little pug. This girl is a pet lover, I tell ya! 

Dan was so excited about this Nerf gun. It's what he asked for- "a gun with lots of bullets- the kind that goes around." 

Who's that hiding under the tree?!



I got Allie a purse and matching wallet, the usual calendar and ornament, some fancy bubble bath and a wine sign for her bar area.



Yay, I got some boot socks! 


I loved this, can you tell? Allie got me a blue one for my birthday and I wear it every day it's not being washed. I'm not kidding. Now I have a second one! So soft. And, I got a new pair of tan boots. 

Dan also got a pair of night goggles.
Nerf vest- check
Nerf gun with lots of bullets- check
Night goggles- check
He was in heaven! Looks like a little Hayden here. 




Allie and I opened our gifts next. We had to open them at the same time.....you'll figure out why very soon. 










Hope we get some snow soon so we can wear our new snow boots!
We also got matching Steelers scarves. I think Mom thought she had twins!

The boys went next. They were quite as animated, though we did make them sit beside each other on the couch. 

Erik is a huge See's Candies fan, so guess who else gets to try them this year?
(the answer was not Solomon, though he tried!)

Erik explaining to Chip just how amazing See's Candies are. 


Chip got a dress shirt and a jacket (that I picked out for him), and Erik got socks and a video game. 


Erik likes See's Candies, and Chip likes Not Your Dad's rootbeers!

Aunt Cindy's turn. Allie and I loved the necklaces Wandy sent her. 

Mom and Dad got her Jelly Bellys.

I gave her her annual calendar and a snowman decoration for her fireplace.
Allie gave her a Jelly Belly candy holder.

Mom and Dad enjoyed their pictures and calendar.



I got Dad a Nike jacket and a Bluetooth cell phone charging alarm clock radio. 


I got Mom a sweater and matching earrings and some new comfy shoes. 





I also got Mom new kitchen rugs. 

Trying to get a picture of all four grandkids smiling at the same time is no easy task. One of them looks good in all the pictures, so here they all are:










As you can see, we definitely had a very Merry Christmas!! We missed Donald and his family who usually join us on Christmas Day for dinner, but I have to say it was nice to be with just our family, too. After presents, the kids played and then we all enjoyed a nice Christmas dinner.  Delicious, as usual.

Love my family, love Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment