Friday, January 8, 2016

Christmas Eve

Christmas in New York was just the beginning of our Christmas festivities this year.

The Credles left early in the morning on Christmas Eve, and most of my day was spent unpacking and catching up on laundry from the trip.

At 3pm though, we headed to Park Valley Church for their Christmas Eve service. A friend of mine attends there and posts a lot on FB about all the things they do (including this service), so we decided to check it out. We've been thinking about trying out a  service there anyway, so it was good timing.



I was so happy that Mom, Granny and Aunt Cindy were able to join us there.
It was soo warm on Christmas Eve this year!
Notice I'm wearing flip flops?! 

Mom, Granny and Cindy took Anabella & Daniel with them to Mom & Dad's house while Chip and I went back to the house and picked up our gifts, which I'd forgotten to pack up before we left. I remembered that I wouldn't be seeing Erika and Alyssa on Christmas Day, so I wanted to get their gifts.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of them opening their sleds (which I hope we get some snow eventually so they can use them!) and personalized playing cards (with their pictures on them), but I'm still waiting on Allie to send them to me.

Stay tuned......I'll be adding to this post as soon as I get some pictures.....hopefully Allie will read this and be reminded that she needs to share them with me (as apparently asking multiple times doesn't work!)

We didn't leave Front Royal until close to 9pm, so needless to say, I was expecting the kids to fall asleep on the way home, which they both did; but, Anabella woke up when we pulled in and wanted to be sure to leave Santa some chocolate chip cookies and milk. Meanwhile, Daniel never even woke up. He was worn out from all that fun play with his cousins!

Anabella reminded us just minutes after we'd left Mom and Dad's that Santa needed chocolate chip cookies, so fortunately (since we didn't have any), we were able to turn around to go back and get some.

Apparently Santa (at Busch Gardens) told the kids that chocolate chip cookies were his favorite. And, to please leave some carrots for the reindeer.

First things first: lighting the luminaries they made at church that afternoon.

Oh, and she wanted to write Michael a note to make sure he didn't return home to the North Pole the next morning like he's supposed to do, according to the Elf on the Shelf book. She told me what to write. (More on Michael, our elf, in a future post.)



She was really delaying this bed time thing. After writing Michael a note, she then had to write Santa a note explaining where we put the cookies so that Solomon wouldn't get them. 

Stay tuned for more Christmas Eve pictures coming soon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment