We had so much fun with our elf Michael this year.
From the time he arrived on Black Friday, to when we finally said good-bye well after Christmas, Michael was a very loved elf.
 |
| The night before he arrived, Daniel left him a picture in the wreath (remembering that he arrived there last year). |
 |
| Look what he left in return! |
 |
| That night they both left him something. |
 |
Daniel's picture is on the left. Anabella's note: "Dear Michael you are so nice and I love you Michael Love Anabella" |
 |
| Daniel pulled out this pumpkin he made back in October to leave him the next night. ha! |
 |
| Anabella would ask me sometimes if Michael was real. "He has a fake face," she'd say. I told her you have to believe in him; and if you believe in him, then he's real. It's what I remember my mom always telling me when I asked about Santa (even when I was way old enough to know for sure that he wasn't "real"). One afternoon (while Michael was on top of the microwave-as pictured here), she got on the barstool and pulled it over so she could see him and I heard her say, "Michael, I know you have a fake face, but I believe in you so I know you are real." |
 |
| One night Michael got in big trouble because he pulled beads off the tree. |
 |
| Anabella wrote him a note that evening. Here's what she wrote: "Love Anabella, Dear Michael, where you see the yellow thing is how nice you are. If you ever make a mess again I will not give you a note or picture." |
 |
| That night, November 30th, Michael wrote an apology note and left an advent calendar to start December. |
 |
| Uh oh, another mess! |
 |
| Michael!!! |
 |
| He made a mess, and she made him an ornament! |
 |
| Yum, Michael liked this! |
 |
| One day Michael left them both Elf on the Shelf lip balm. |
 |
| Michael! Those sprinkles were hard to clean up. Anabella left you a cookie already. It's not ok for you to help yourself! |
 |
| Anabella got Michael something at her holiday gift shop. This is her note; also a "thank you" for the lip balm. |
 |
| This was a gift from Michael- Elf on the Shelf band aids. |
 |
| Another gift- Santa Paws DVD. |
 |
This was Michael's thank you.
She said that even though the movie was sad, thank you, she liked it. |
 |
| Oh Michael, not another mess!! |
 |
| The night before we left for NYC.... |
 |
| I must have forgotten some pictures of these two "Michael's friends" he would play with sometimes at night. The P.S. to his note- can may friends come, too?! Of course! |
 |
What'dya know, there he was! In NYC at the hotel. In his PJs. I am missing a ton of pictures- like the night he showed up in PJs! |
 |
| According to the book, Michael should have returned to the North Pole on Christmas Eve, but Anabella wrote him a note asking him to stay a few days longer, and of course, he obliged. |
 |
| Opening the presents he left them. |
 |
| Elf poopers! |
Until next year.....we'll be thinking of you, Michael!
No comments:
Post a Comment