Saturday, May 9, 2015

Lemonade Stand

The playdough was fun and all, but given the mess and that we had ballet that afternoon and company coming in the next day and a lemonade stand to prepare for, it might have been better suited for another day. But....live and learn.

We got it all done.  Following ballet Friday night, we had a quick dinner (outside- love May!) at Pei Wei and then came home and got ready for our lemonade stand.

We'd invited our neighbors to join us, so they took on the job of creating the sign (which was right up their alley), so at least that was done. All that was left to do was make the lemonade and prepare the stuff we would need.

Daniel wasn't much interested in making lemonade so he was outside playing with Daddy, making his first ever basket!

I love, love, love this sweet video his Daddy made....talk about having the video ready at the right time! He said he had a feeling he was getting ready to make a basket, so he had his phone out taping just in case. His expression of pride (Daddy's too) is priceless!



Here's a video of their "dribbling" taken a few weeks prior to Dan's big goal:


Could basketball be in their future.....I think maybe so. 

Meanwhile, while the boys were out shooting baskets, we girls were inside preparing for our big sale the next day. I pulled an ice bucket from the storage room in the basement thinking the kids would enjoy scooping ice for their lemonade cups. Since it needed a good cleaning, and I had a little girl who was chomping at the bit to help, help, help.....I put her right to work. 


Serious as can be, she looks up at me and says, "I'm Cinderella cleaning the bucket."
That girl! 



The next day was our neighborhood yard sale, so I headed out early for some bargains and returned around 9:30am for the lemonade stand.

Look at that teamwork! 

Our babysitter, Miss Catherine, was our first customer. I texted her the night before.
She was on her way to our church's bake sale and brought the kids cake pops. Yum!








Look at someone trying to get someone's attention....that girl!
She is too young to flirt, but she does. I think she has a little crush on Aiden, our neighbor.
She's always trying to get his attention. And just laughs and laughs....see her below. Oh boy. Daddy better borrow some of Granddaddy's guns now.  


Customer #2 was the assistant teacher in Daniel's classroom. She, along with Anabella's teacher, who also lives in our neighborhood, both stopped by and the kids thought that was super cool.

The twin boys from one street over stopped by with their dad. They were participating in the yard sale. 

Catherine's mom and her husband stopped by along with their dogs.
Lucy's Lemonade Stand is one of our books and partly one of the reasons I believe that the kids wanted to have a lemonade stand. In the book, Lucy starts out with lemonade, then decides to sell cookies, then sandwiches, then dog treats......we needed the dog treats! 





Besides Anabella picking her butt, I'm including this because of Dan's stance as he's preparing to push Aiden in the wagon. Basically Timme & I manned the lemonade stand (a.k.a. sat and talked in the sun), while the kids ran up and down the street giving one another wagon rides and playing basketball.





Fun day! Lucy doesn't have anything on the Credle/Overmyer lemonade stand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment