Friday, May 22, 2015

Preschool Graduation and End of Year






Graduation morning
 Graduation/End of Year program for preschool was held on Wednesday, May 20th at 10:30am. The kids went to school at 9am as usual, and the doors opened for guests at 10:15am.

I had to hold back the first tears as I read this poem! 



There were no words to describe the program. No. Words.

Cute doesn't do it justice.

Seeing them parade in holding mini flags behind their backs....



First, they sang "Stars & Stripes Forever" and then straight into "God Bless America".
Sweetest I've ever heard of both. 



There's Daniel beside his little buddy Liam.



Below is a video clip of "Oh, What a Miracle Am I":


Next, "He's Still Working on Me":


"It's Time for the School Year to End":

Look at that face! 

Cracks me up....so serious! 




After the song portion of the program, the classes returned to their rooms and put on the cute little shirts they made and then returned for the graduation portion.

I love how confident Daniel looks here.
He has really blossomed into himself this year, and I am so proud of the sweet, well behaved boy he has become. His assistant teacher is always telling me what a nice young boy he is. Says he shares and plays so nicely with his friends in class. You can tell, too. I've noticed in group settings, such as on field trips and field day, kids are always following him around and waiting for him to arrive. This is my blog. I'm allowed to brag. :) 








Eleven boys in this class and only five girls. 

Best teachers EVER at this preschool.
I wish we would have found it sooner! 


Anabella's class was next:

This is SO Anabella!
At my end of the year conference with her teacher, Mrs. Bonner mentioned how well Anabella follows rules and how she can depend on her to make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to being doing. "She might just be a teacher herself one day, don't you think....doesn't she just have that something about her," she said. Yep. I knew exactly what "something" she was talking about. If you've been around her long, you know it, too. 




Sweet animal loving girl told her teacher she would be a veterinarian!
Good job, Belle! 







Mrs. Roof, Daniel's teacher, told Daniel to pretend he was on a roller coaster! 


This is Daniel's friend, Liam, who will going to kindergarten with him next year. Yay for friends in the same school! They became buddies last year at summer camp at Little Lambs. 



We didn't get a picture with Anabella and her teacher at graduation, but I did get one on conference day the week before.

Mrs. Bonner and Mrs. R

Little gifts for teacher appreciation week- we got them each (teachers and assistants) either a bracelet or hair clip from Paparrazi, the jewelry my neighbor just started selling. Anabella picked them out! 
Anabella has two assistants in her class.
Here she is with Mrs. Heffner at Field Day. Mrs. Heffner really loves Anabella. Calls her "my girl." Says she'll be checking up on her next year at Piney Branch because her kids go there, too. We'll be keeping in touch with Anabella's teacher too because she lives in our neighborhood. And, Mrs. Miller, Daniel's assistant, also lives in our neighborhood and her daughter is on the swim team. We'll probably hire to do lessons this summer. 

Here's their class pictures, certificates and ABC books:











Anabella's:














At Field Day getting tattooed.

Picnic lunch....Daniel was too busy playing.
He had to eat on the way home. 
I can't even comment on how sad I am that the preschool years are coming to an end. Can't. Even. Comment.

I know I'm leaving stuff out, so there's sure to be more on end of year coming soon.....with preschool work samples if nothing else (I got an entire folder full on conference day- really showed their growth throughout the year).....and, of course, I need to get a close up picture of those darling shirts.





No comments:

Post a Comment