Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Birthday Month Week Two: Pre-Birthday

Every October I like to joke about my birthday being celebrated as a "birthday month" as opposed to a day. It was meant jokingly at first, but as the years have gone on, it's become a bit of a running joke. Well this year it turns out it was no joking matter, it really happened. I celebrated my 40th birthday pretty much all month. ha!

My first celebration was planned by one of very dear friends, Mary, and included another best friend, Beth. Mary and I always take one another out for dinner to celebrate our birthdays (a longstanding tradition since about the time we both got married, so about 10 years or more). I always look forward to our chance to catch up with one another enjoying a nice meal celebrating our birthdays and our friendship. It's a shame we need an excuse to get together, but as we get older and busy with our families and such, it's easy to lose touch and it's a good "excuse" to plan a date just us. This year Mary contacted me in early October, knowing this was a big year to see if I'd be interested in involving Beth in the day as well. 

Here we are in Winchester at the Coach & Horse's Tea Room for an afternoon tea.







Perfect way to spend a rainy fall Saturday - with my two besties!! 
The next day my sister planned another fun birthday surprise. Granny watched the kids while Mom, Dad, Erik, Allie, Ryan, Chip and I spent the afternoon doing one of my favorite things - drinking wine!!

I love visiting wineries and Chip and I used to do it a lot on the weekends before we had kids, but now there are so many other things to fill up our weekends.

This was such a perfect way to kick off my birthday "week" as it was the Sunday before my birthday, and I absolutely loved it. 

No better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than a wine tasting with my favorite people!
Not a bad view either. It was a perfect day. 



Such treats! I felt so blessed to have such a special weekend.....the first of a few celebrating my "birthday month"! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment