Thursday, November 3, 2016

Birthday Weekend at the Homestead

Oh my, what a TREAT it was to spend my birthday weekend at the Homestead.





Happy 40th birthday to me! 







On Saturday we spent the the day (from about 10:30 until 4:30) at the Serenity Garden enjoying the indoor and outdoor spa experience.




This was my favorite indoor activity - the heated lounge chairs in the women's spa room. My favorite outdoor activity was, of course, the hot springs! 




Here's a view of the hot springs located in the Serenity Garden (picture from the inside of the hotel). 
 I don't have any pictures from Saturday night (I know we must have taken some? but I don't think I ever got them from Chip's phone). We ate at Jefferson's Restaurant that night, not quite as fancy as the main dining room like the night before but still very nice. We both had the most amazing spiced shrimp and cheesy grits. Oh my gosh. So good. And we were super hungry as our lunch that day at the spa was typical health fare and while it was good, it didn't keep us full very long. We also got smoothies as part of our Serenity Garden package. And frozen grapes, yum!

I can't believe I don't have any pictures from our "tea time" both days. The tea was tea but the cakes, oh my gosh. Delicious. They make a different one each day. I can't even remember what they were now, which is why I should have taken pictures, but oh my, so good.

I have no idea why I have a picture of this resort map but not the cakes but isn't this place huge? 




 
What a fabulous 40th birthday weekend!! 
I am one lucky gal. 

I told Chip I think we need to go back for our next milestone birthday, which before we know it, will be his 50!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment