Thursday, November 3, 2016

Star Student of the Week

Anabella has been talking to me about the "Star Student of Week" pretty much at least once a week since Star of the Week started about mid-September. Clearly, she wanted to be chosen, and I had a feeling she would be chosen pretty soon because if she's not a star then I don't know who is, right?!

Look at that STAR!! 

Of all places, she picked Buffalo Wild Wings for her celebratory dinner. She heard her friend Lily talking about it as that's one of her favorites. 



I love what a sweet relationship these two have. Their nightly kisses as part of the tuck in routine that they count "mm, one, mm, two, mm, three" is heart melting. I had my phone with me one night and managed to get this picture, which I love. So so sweet. 

I wish I had a picture of Anabella's face when she got off the bus BEAMING Friday afternoon holding this poster (folded up). She was so excited to start on it, she started that afternoon. This is from later in the weekend as she pretty much worked on it all weekend. 

Aside from the border, which she let me help her "color", she did this poster ALL by herself. Believe me, it was hard to let her do that as I had my own ideas for what she should put for her fun facts and favorite books etc etc. But, like she said, SHE was the STAR of the week. Not me. So, I sat back and let our Lil' Miss Independent shine away. After all, she's a first grader and if the words are misspelled (which oh they were), at least everyone would know that she did it and I suppose that's more important than having them spelled correctly anyway. (As I told myself over and over and over.) And so what that "I like Shop Kens" was a fun fact over "I have a twin brother." Like she said, everyone probably knows she has a twin brother anyway. ha! 

Look how PROUD!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment