Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Eve Party

Mom and Dad hosted our Christmas Eve party this year, so we planned to arrive early, leaving Gainesville around 3pm.

Allie and her family were already there, so while we were supposed to be helping prepare for the party.....instead, we started right in with presents!

Ryan & Hayden both got Nerf guns.


We got Erika a set of mirrors for her new room. 

Aunt Allie got Anabella an Elsa doll, a princess lunch box puzzle set and a Frozen hair accessory set.

Dan got a Ninja lunch box with puzzle, and a Ninja shell with mask & sword. He wore his new costume all night! 







First ever Ninja in a Spiderman shirt! 


I made my annual calendar this year and also gave everyone new pictures of the kids and personalized ornaments. 

I don't have a picture, but Allie and Erik's other gift was a matching ice bucket and wine (or bottle) tub for their bar. Her "personal" gift was a "flirty" apron in a wine print and a new flag. 


I love this cross Allie got us monogrammed "The Credle Family"

My something "personal" (we get this from Margaret and Granny) was a Pandora charm for my bracelet that says "Sweet Sister." Sweet Sister! She does love me!! :) 

The Sweet Sisters!
Now who's the sweet one in this picture.....










We played Thieves Christmas this year- it was fun! 

I love Tate's sweater- Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal!
Erik's parents joined us this year too. Cindy was happy to have a baby on her lap. That's Leslie's little one (though like Reid, he's not so little), Colton Theodore...named after his grandfather, my Uncle Jr. and my late grandfather Theodore. 


My Aunt Beth came in and announced that someone was at the door.....Dan went running!
HoHoHo.....guess who?! 

The kids were so excited!
Okay, okay, we all were.
Who doesn't want a visit from Santa on Christmas Eve?





Starting with Peyton, all the kids took a turn on Santa's lap and got gifts.







This little ninja had to lift his mask to get a closer look.....




Hayden liked his iTunes card!

Even this big kid took a turn.
Look at that grin- Ryan Scott still loves Santa too! 


Reid wasn't buying it! Get me off this guy's lap! 

Colton tolerated him.



And you know Shirley Rose had to take her turn! 

Love seeing that smile! It's been a hard year for the Vaught family, so this Santa brought some much needed laughter and cheer to year's celebration. Thanks Aunty Beth! Great idea!! 


Like capturing that grin too! 


The hugger gave Santa a big one before he left. 

The kids were too young to play the Thieves Christmas game, so we did our own little exchange with the under 5 crew. 

Love seeing all our family together like this.

Love this picture too! 



Hayden & Uncle Cliff selfies....I know everyone wants these framed.


I texted Mom and Dad on the way home thanking them for hosting this big event (and it is a big event considering how big our family is and that they serve steamed shrimp and prime rib for everyone), letting them know that I thought it was one of our funnest Christmas Eves yet!

We've been through a lot this year, and our Vaught family gatherings will without a doubt never be the same. With that said, to fill the void, I think we've all stepped it up a bit, and while nobody will ever replace the joy that Uncle Jeff added, I know he was with us in spirit on Christmas Eve smiling up in heaven seeing us all together having fun.

1 comment:

  1. We haven't got to go to Christmas Eve in a while due to sickness or weather so I was glad we could make it this year. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete