Sunday, June 28, 2015

Cousin Fun

Plenty of cousin fun in June- train ride at Skyline Caverns with Caleb, Hadley and Reid one morning before spending the afternoon at Granny's.....and then the next day we met Ryan, Hayden, Alyssa & Erika at Cacapon State Park for some swimming and sand play (before we got rained out).

Love this picture.
While it's not unusual to see the girls holding hands, I thought it was extra sweet that the boys were holding hands, too. Too cute. 

I remember riding on this train with my cousin Willie when I was probably their age! 






Is this a train or a roller coaster?! 





Another thing I remember doing as a kid (teenager when I came here)- going to the "beach" at  Cacapon State Park.

Seems like a long ways away since it's in West Virginia, but it's only about an hour and a half from our house. One Alvin & the Chipmunks movie for the kids, and we were there!





Planting a "tree"
 Unfortunately, we spent more time on the road then we did at the "beach" that day. The rain literally came out of nowhere. Not just a shower either. A wash out. We sat it out for a while since the kids were having fun, but when it started to pour, we had to call it a day. Rained all the way home. Definitely have to give it another try later this summer as the kids really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment