This was one of our warmest Mays in years. Like going straight from spring to summer!
The second week in May really did feel like mid July. I had some mulching to do, so I got out the summer water toys for the kids to enjoy while I did some gardening.
 |
| The first day we started with the sprinkler and water slide. |
 |
| Not much of a hill to slide down, but they had fun anyway. |
 |
| Nothing like a good ol' popsicle on a warm afternoon. |
 |
| Never too old to enjoy a kiddie pool and water table. |
 |
| Surfer Dan |
 |
| I told them there wasn't room for the boogie boards and floats and stuff, but, hey, what do I know? (Apparently, not as much as them.) |
 |
| Four cuties enjoying their popsicles. |
 |
| Where better to read Superman but in your favorite tree! |
 |
| I'm glad I held off mulching this side of the house- look at all those buds! |
 |
| Dirt, grass or bugs anyone? |
 |
| Practicing his dribbling |
 |
Yep, we went through an entire box of popsicles in May. We're on our second box now. I think theres's 24 in a package. Popsicles have good sugar, right? Fructose? They are fruit flavored.....heeheee. We like the old fashioned kind and the only place I've been able to find them is Safeway. One afternoon we made a special trip there just to buy popsicles. What else are you going to do on a hot summer afternoon in May when the pool isn't even open yet?! |
 |
| Can't not include a picture of our resident snake and starfish, which were ALL over the house during the month of May. I can't tell you how many times I was startled by that snake. Dan has a way of knowing just where to leave it. He was so sad the other day when a piece of its tail fell off. I had to superglue it back on, but then it came off again when he somehow ended back up in the water that night. |
 |
| Plenty of parks nearby, but every once in a while we make the trek to Warrenton to visit one of our favorite parks at the WARF. |
 |
| Cool boy took his camo binoculars on this trip. Every day he takes something somewhere. His item of the day. He's done this since he was a baby when he'd crawl around carrying a toy in his fist. |
 |
| Plenty of yogurt places here in Gainesville too, but Sweet Frog in Warrenton has kinda become a new tradition. :) |
More May in my random wrap-up coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment