Friday, June 12, 2015

Last Day of Preschool and Camp Ocean Animals

I was not prepared for how emotional the last day of preschool would be.

To think that within just a few short months, I'll be putting them on a school bus. Nooooo.....



I spent the last three hours (2.5 really) looking through past pictures and putting together the collages pictured above. Thankfully, I had this little guy to give me comfort. 

Anabella's teacher sent me this picture of the two of them taken at the playground  on the last day. They both had wonderful teachers. I definitely think we'll keep in touch with Mrs. Bonner, pictured here. She lives in our neighborhood and has dogs, and so does Daniel's assistant teacher. In fact, we saw her last night while we were out walking Solomon. I also friended them on Facebook. Hooray for FB for keeping people in touch!  

Anabella's class shirt.....she's the orange hand just beneath her teacher.

the back

Daniel's class shirt.
He's orange, too.
Is it just me, or is  his hand really big in this picture?



Daniel's flower

Anabella's kite
While that last day was bittersweet, it wasn't a real "good-bye" because the following week they returned for camp. Anabella's teacher led it, and they got to be in the same class. They knew most of the children, and although some of their favorite friends weren't there, they made new ones. Daniel talked a lot about a little boy named John who was in the 5 day class last school year; and Anabella palled around with Audrey, a girl she knew from her class last year and her 3 year old sister who would be attending LL in the fall. The camp was open to ages 3-5, the only requirement being that they had to be fully potty trained.

The theme was Ocean Animals. Each day they brought home a cute craft and told me all about what they'd learned. One day they brought home "waves" in a water bottle. They had special ocean themed snacks, too. And, the room was elaborately decorated with fish, netting, even colorful streamers upon walking in the "ocean". I love the creativity they put into what they do for the children. You can tell they put a lot of thought into what they do. I will miss this school (and the teachers) next year. Have I mentioned that?

Here's some of their ocean themed artwork:

Anabella's octupus

Daniel's octupus


Daniel's rainbow fish and ocean painting

Anabella's rainbow fish and ocean painting



They have one more Little Lambs camp coming up the first week in August. Theme: Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment